In case you didn’t know, IO Interactive, the studio behind the successful Hitman franchise, is now independent after it managed to obtain the rights to the franchise from Square Enix last year. Well, it seems the studio has now found a backer to help with the future of the franchise.
In a press release, IO Interactive has announced that the studio has partnered with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Batman Arkham franchise) for global publishing and distribution of the Hitman franchise. As part of this agreement, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will publish Hitman: Definitive Edition, which is set to shoot out this May 15, 2018, on the PS4, and Xbox One.
The HITMAN: Definitive Edition will include the following content:
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year Edition digital release
- HITMAN Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN Season One and the HITMAN Game of the Year Edition
Hakan Abrak, CEO of IO Interactive had this to say regarding the partnership:
We’re super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on HITMAN and together releasing the HITMAN: Definitive Edition to new players. Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games
Congrats, IO Interactive and WBIE! Let’s hope this is the start of a beautiful partnership!