Ubisoft has released the Watch Dogs Legion update 1.12 March 8 (PS5 version 1.070) patch now, and this should bring the Online Mode (at least the game data) to consoles given it’s due out tomorrow, March 9. We’ve outlined that and whatever changes we’ve noticed below.
PC players, sadly, Ubisoft has not announced a firm release date for the version on when it’ll get the Online Mode just yet.
Watch Dogs Legion Update 1.12 March 8 Patch Notes ((PS5 1.070):
Update: The full patch notes have been released by Ubisoft!
DedSec, we are deploying TU3.2 on all platforms today in preparation for the Online mode launch tomorrow. This update will include several backend changes for the online mode, and you can expect a download size of about ~10GB for PlayStation 4, ~2.3GB for PlayStation 5, ~19GB for Xbox Series X and Xbox One. The Watch Dogs: Legion Online mode will unlock on consoles and Stadia tomorrow, Tuesday, at 7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 4 PM CET.
As announced on Friday, the launch for Online and TU3.2 is delayed on PC (and therefore on Amazon Luna too) and we will let you know once we have any updates on that front.
Title Update 3.2 also includes bug fixes for the singe player campaign and general game improvements. This also includes a fix for the missing mask bug that players have been reporting. Missing masks will automatically return to players’ wardrobes upon first login.
You will find a list of all other changes below.
- Fixed an issue that caused several masks to go missing from players’ wardrobes after TU3.0.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when performing an operative swap in specific areas of the open world.
- Fixed an issue that would cause placeholder text to be displayed for inactive operatives when inspecting them while in a restricted area.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when ray tracing was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze when selecting a tab in the in-game store.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a notification to appear when completing time limited challenges.
- Fixed an issue that could cause buildings in the open world to become temporarily invisible. No more hide and seek!
- Fixed an issue that could cause security cameras and lasers to trigger an alarm on operatives with uniformed access.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when using the Deep Profiler while having menu narration enabled.
Xbox Series X/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when accessing the different categories in the in-game store.
- Fixed several issues that could cause graphical corruptions to occur.
Here’s what’s confirmed to be fixed so far:
— Watch Dogs Legion: News (@WatchDogsInfo) March 8, 2021
Ubisoft has not released the official patch notes which should also list the gameplay-related fixes, but the company did release a press release about the Online Mode and its key features.
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
Tactical Op is coming March 23 and here’s the summary on what it is:
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content, made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they’ve upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
Once Ubisoft releases the official patch notes, we’ll update the post.
Update: Post has been updated with official motes.