Respawn has released the Apex Legends update 1.69 May 24 patch today, and this brings a few gameplay changes to the table! Read on for the full patch notes below. Note there is a client patch out today, and a playlist update incoming later.
Apex Legends Update 1.69 May 24 Patch Notes:
This is what’s new per Respawn:
- Restored slow effect when players run into Wattson’s fences
- Valkyrie Changes:
- Added a short input delay after using Valyrie’s ult to prevent players from accidentally activating — then immediately cancelling — their ult by accident.
- Fixed an exploit that let players record stats in the firing range while using Valkyrie.
- Fixed an edge case the that allowed her ult to be activated shortly after using a jump pad.
- Arena Changes:
- Penalties for abandoning games have been added to Arenas. This is similar to the abandon penalty applied in Ranked BR games. You only get the penalty if you were in a full squad when you left (this doesn’t apply if you were partied with the leaver — you’ll still get penalized in this case). This update will activate a warning for players who are about to leave a game in-progress. The associated penalties will show shortly after.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed users to unlock upgrades without having enough materials to do so.
- Hop-up Upgrades for the Bocek bow are now as follows: Level 2: Shattercaps, Level 3: Deadeye’s Tempo.
- Fixed various Arenas bugs and errors.
- Loot Adjustments:
- Adjust the logic for loot items being spawned on the ground as opposed to being placed into loot bins. This should case backpacks to spawn more evenly on the ground as opposed to being spawned almost exclusively in loot bins.
- Slight increase in spawn rates for Level 2 Evo armor. The starter kit changes introduced in Season 9 had caused them to be lowered by more than expected.
- Miscellaneous stabiity fixes
Here are the plalyst changes incoming later via a server-side update:
Incoming @playapex update.
We're restoring the slow effect to Wattson's fences, introducing leaver penalties to Arenas, improving loot distribution for backpacks, and more!
See the full list of changes below: pic.twitter.com/tJoFLLfEK0
— Respawn (@Respawn) May 24, 2021
In other Apex Legends news, EA has announced that it has earned over $1B in microtransactions since the game launched!