Another new Dauntless update has just dropped for the numerous platforms the game is in, addressing a bug that cropped up from the last bit update and more changes, and new content. Here are the details on the Dauntless update 1.54. May 6 patch.
Dauntless Update 1.54 May 6 Patch Notes:
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
First, we saw Primal Behemoths invade the Hunting Grounds from the past. Now, a threat steps out of the future: Elder Behemoths. These Behemoths protect themselves using floating chunks of aetheric armour. Slayers need to aim their attacks well to find their exposed flesh. Find them in the Hunting Grounds, Slayer!
Defeat Elder Behemoths or Primal Behemoths to collect Fragments of Future Times, and use them to upgrade the Faction: Future path in the Slayer’s Path.This path adds the Friend Forever ability, which grants an offensive drone to accompany you on hunts. The drone stores charges with each consecutive hit on an enemy. When the charges reach their maximum threshold OR when the Slayer is hit, the drone sends out a shockwave, dealing damage based on the number of charges reached. This ability is active on all hunts except for Trials.
Trade in 200 aethersparks at the Sparkforge to get an aetherheart. If you’re not ready for a full reforge, save up some sparks and skip the cycle!
- A new lore node has been added to the Shattered Isles. Seek it out to learn more about Elder Behemoths and the future of the Shattered Isles.
We found that having four suppression pillars was leading to frustrating encounters, especially with random groups of players in the Hunting Grounds. We wanted to reduce confusion, so we changed the number of pillars to one per encounter.
- Reduced the number of suppression pillars to 1 in each Primal Behemoth encounter (down from 4).
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Fauna has been relocated on several islands to less anoying places. Looking at you gruk-gruks on Undervald Defile.
- Backing out of an item preview in the Reward Cache will now place the player back in the last selected tab instead of the first tab.
- The Escalation boost icon will only appear in Escalations and Escalation airship lobbies.
- The Quest, Bounties & Challenges preview in the main menu now shows active challenges.
- Removed all cases of ancient crystals showing up in the UI.
- The damage boost from the Tough Hide Behemoth mod now correctly persists after a wound closes.
- Fixed a bug where the Munitions Amplifier war pike mod wasn’t applying its additional +25% ammo quality to lower-quality stored ammo.
- When using the Munitions Amplifier’s amp with The Godhand exotic war pike, the beam’s duration is now increased appropriately.
- Characters now use the sharp side of the Red King’s Wrath war pike instead of the blunt one. It should work better that way.
- Players can no longer select the option to return to Ramsgate if they are already queued for another island.
- Players can now change their loadout while matchmaking for Trials.
- Fixed a bug where some challenges were showing incorrect times on their timer.
- Fixed a bug where the starting Slayer’s Path node was incorrectly locked and could not be unlocked by the player.
- The bottom button icon in tutorial windows is no longer obscured.
- The Slayer’s model animation no longer changes when swapping your body type in the appearance section.
- Fixed a bug where the Unlock button in the Slayer’s Path screen would sometimes not function unless the player highlighted another node.
- The inventory level requirement text is now scaled correctly in Russian and Spanish.
- “No Slayers down” and “Slay Behemoth in under 5 minutes” goals are now checked off at the start of Trials, and will correctly uncheck if the player fails them. So, uh, don’t fail!
- Fixed a bug where the the interaction icon for a Hunting Grounds event loot cube would sometimes be missing when using a controller.
- Fixed a bug that would cause text to flow out of the Trials goals HUD in some languages.
- Fixed various typos.
- Replaced the old Vault coin marker with the correct Reward Cache icon.
- Killing Frostback Pangars now correctly counts toward the Rolling Ice quest.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when highlighting world objects by walking near them.
- Fixed a crash on Nintendo Switch when claiming Hunt Pass rewards.
- Fixed a bug where bombers, stalkers, and spitters would flash while flying.
- On the Switch, Pro Controllers now vibrate as expected when JoyCons are docked.
Once the next title update for the monster-slaying game comes, we’ll let our readers know.