Phoenix Labs has released the Dauntless update 1.59 June 17 patch, or what the studio calls title update 1.6.5! Some exotic items are returning, there’s a new island variant, and gameplay changes included as well.
Dauntless Update 1.59 Patch Notes for June 17 v1.6.5:
Unlock six of Dauntless’ existing exotic items by uncovering stories long thought lost. Each of the six new lore nodes scattered throughout the Hunting Grounds unlock a quest to forge a specific piece of exotic gear. Feel the Hunger!
A new island variant has been added to the Hunting Grounds! Conundrum Rocks is a level 10-13 version of Paradox Breaks, with Valomyr as its guaranteed Behemoth
1.6.5 marks the launch of the new Timeweave set, a powerful collection of gameplay armour that offers Overpower, Predator, and Catalyst perks.
Unlock the schematics for the Timeweave armour set by seeking out a new lore node on the Paradox Breaks.
- Increased the damage of Molten Edict’s fireball attack by 50%.
- Molten Edict now has 1 Power Cell slot, 1 Prismatic Cell slot, and the Berserker perk.
- Twin Suns now have 1 Technique Cell slot, 1 Prismatic Cell slot, and the Evasive Fury perk.
- The Godhand now has 1 Power Cell slot, 1 Prismatic Cell slot, and the Savagery perk.
- The Hunger now has 1 Power Cell slot, 1 Prismatic Cell slot, and the Ragehunter perk.
- The Skullforge now has the Molten perk.
- Prismatic Grace now has the Medic perk.
- Tragic Echo now has the Rage perk.
If you run Energized +6 with Adrent Cyclone in 1.6.4, you can stay in that special for 20 to 30 seconds in an unstaggerable state. Dauntless is a game about skillful decision making and timing. This combination of abilities broke that design principle. It’s okay to bend the rules a bit with special abilities, but this was breaking our design entirely. This is an initial step towards removing Ardent Cyclone meter gain in 1.7.0.
- Reduced the amount of Ardent Cyclone meter gained while using Energized by 85%.
- The guaranteed Behemoth on Brightwood is now Flameborn Quillshot (was Valomyr).
- The guaranteed Behemoth on Razorcliff Isle is now Rezakiri (was Deepfrost Embermane).
- The guaranteed Behemoth on Paradox Breaks is now Flameborn Rezakiri (was Rezakiri).
- Removed Moonreaver Shrike from Razorcliff Isle.
- Added a window of invulnerability during the revival animation of Agarus weapons’ legendary ability.
- Reduced the number of Ruptured Stalks required for crafting Agarus’ weapons from 15 to 7.
- Changed Deepfrost Embermane’s roll attack to be more accurate, only causing AoE damage on impact of the first hit.
- Improved the collision and hitboxes during Deepfrost Gnasher’s dive and slam moves.
- Changed Flameborn Rezakiri’s tail sweep attack so the second sweep won’t hit Slayers who successfully dodged the first.
- Increased the time it takes to be knocked off during certain moves when mounted.
- The Chronovore gear now correctly requires 4 Timeworn Tentacles to craft.
- Reduced the opacity on Skraev’s blizzard VFX.
- Consumables can now be swapped while queued for a hunt.
- Fixed an issue where charged axe attacks would sometimes end without completing an attack.
- Fixed a bug where certain armours could not access the secondary dye channel.
- Fixed a bug where lantern effects would stay visible and stack up after switching in the loadout screen.
- Fixed a bug where using a jump vent right after changing your character’s skin tone would revert the change.
- Fixed a bug where players could spawn in the ground when using the “Brave and the Boulder” arrival.
- Changed the Chronovore armour’s footprint effect to the proper dye channel.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to keep interacting with respawned Primal Suppressors.
- Fixed an issue where red crystals were in the wrong locations in Blaze Escalation.
- Removed “consume ironhide pylons” as a quest objective as the functionality wasn’t working consistently.
- The quest “Behemoth Survey: Enemy Vine” now correctly identifies any Koshai as an objective target, not just Heroics.
- Fixed a bug where the fire debuff icon would get stuck on the HUD.
- Fixed a bug where the repeaters were not attached correctly to the hands of a Slayer.
- Fixed a bug causing loot to incorrectly appear multiple times in Escalation end-of-hunt screens.
- Fixed a bug where lanterns that were tracked in the HUD could not be untracked once crafted.
- Fixed a bug where loot would incrementally stack in the loot summary screen when completing multiple events in a row in the Hunting Grounds.
- Fixed a bug where some players would not see any daily challenges available.
- Fixed a bug where item amounts would not update immediately after crafting tonics.
- Fixed a bug where notification icons would appear on Bounties and Challenges when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong icons would be shown when opening cores.
- The Hunting Grounds selection screen now shows all possible Behemoths instead of six.
Once a new Dauntless patch is out, we’ll let our readers know.Source: Dauntless