As September draws to a close and the month of October on the horizon, this means only one thing; Halloween is near. And for the Georgia based developer, Hi-Rez Studios, it seems they’ll be starting the festivity of the spooky holiday a bit early in the upcoming Paladins update that sees the free-to-play hero shooter include some Halloween inspired skins and emotes to the game. There’s stuff like a witch-themed Evie skin, a scarecrow Mal’Damba skin and more. Below you can find a glimpse of the new customization items to be featured in the latest patch below:
- Androxus – Screetch (Rare)
- Bombking – Pumpking Spray (Epic)
- Bombking – Royal Wrath Emote (Rare)
- Drogoz – Raging Beast Emote (Rare)
- Evie – Bewitching (Epic)
- Grover – Blightmare (Uncommon)
- Grover – Nature’s Fury Emote (Rare)
- Jenos – Ghoulish Goalie (Rare)
- Mal’Damba – Wickerman (Epic)
- Pip – Boo Blaster Weapon (Epic)
- Pip – Obsidian and Cosmic mastery skins
- Pip – Get Clucked VIP Emote ( Legendary)
- Ruckus – Lil’ Andy (Rare)
- Seris – Parasite (Rare)
- Strix – Raven (Rare)
- Torvald – Grave-robber Spoils (Rare)
It should be noted that the majority of the skins above aside from Mal’Damba, Strix and Pip’s mastery skins are going to be available in the Little Box Of Horrors loot box that will go live once OB 60 is available on your platform of choice. Additionally, you can also expect a Bruce Buffer and the Nightmare mount to be available in the VIP store.
Aside from the new selections of skins, OB 60 for Paladins is also going to feature a new map being added to the onslaught game mode. You can catch the teaser video above.
Additionally, like with every patch for Paladins to be released here’s the latest rounds of character balances and general quality of life improvement for the game:
- Frozen Guard
- Fix sightlines that made it too easy to defend the capture point
- Removed some meshes that made walkways tight
- Lower capture point mesh
- Fix end of game camera at both payload push points and capture point
- Both sides of the capture point near the window have identical assets for balancing purposes.
- Fix a reverb volume
- Rebuild blocking volumes
- Frostbite Caverns
- Fixed an area where players could walk through
- Removed Onslaught Overtime mechanic.
- Added toggle ‘Show Cauterize on Team Healthbar’ in Options > Gameplay.
- Added toggle ‘Character Music Volume’ in Options > Audio. This will control whether you hear music playing from Champions, currently only Raeve Maeve
- In Chat, /r will autofill a name and tab can cycle through past whisper contacts.
- Added sound notifications when you receive messages, party invites, etc. This had been accidentally added to OB59 release notes.
- Added a variety of gameplay based voice lines for Champions (i.e. when on point, healing, etc)
- Changed player perspective on initial round back to first person
- Here Comes a New Challenger
- Unlock Ranked
- Bullet Sponge
- Shield over 200,000 damage in a match
- Surgeon General
- Heal over 100,000 health in a match
- Citizen of the Realm
- Get a daily reward 7 days in a row
- This is My Style
- Build your own custom loadout
- Battle Thirsty
- Play over 300 matches
- To the Victor go the Spoils
- Earn over 500,000 Gold over your play history
- Earn over 1,000,000 Gold over your play history
- Reach a 20 kill streak in a match
- Big Spender
- Spend over 100,000 Credits in the item store over all your matches
- Reach Master in Ranked
- Witness to History
- Have a Paladins account over 1 year old
- Variety is the Spice of LIfe
- Have over 30 different champions at mastery level 10 or higher
- The Dedicated
- Have over 30 different champions at mastery level 15 or higher
- The Insane
- Have over 30 different champions at mastery level 20 or higher
- Mr. Money Bags
- Complete the Achievement “Millionaire”
- The Dedicated
- Complete the Achievement “The Dedicated”
- The Insane
- Complete the Achievement “The Insane”
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed a Mastery acquisition issue for players
- Fixed Chat at End of Match Lobby showing in match chat from both teams
- Fixed issue with Champions riding mounts and not properly rotating
- Added Pirate Chest opening sound fx
- Fixed music still being heard when slider set to 0
- Fixed missing death sound fx on Androxus Shattermaw
- Quickly strike a nearby enemy, dealing 700 damage.
- With this release we are entirely reworking Androxus’s altfire. His new ability will be a short range strike that is effective for finishing off enemies.
- Abyssal Touch
- [Defiance] Defiance reduces the cooldown of Nether Step by 1/2/3/4s if it hits a champion.
- [Defiance] Defiance generates 1/2/3/4 Ammo if it hits a champion.
- [Defiance] Killing an enemy with Defiance grants you 200/400/600/800 Health.
- [Defiance] Hitting an enemy with Defiance grants you 10/20/30/40% Movement Speed for 4s.
- Fixed a bug where Buck’s attack speed was inadvertently increased.
- Fixed a double reload animation issue with Inara during auto-reload
- Fixed Treacherous Ground not working with Sacred Ground and Caretaker
- Fixed a bug where Jenos Eclipse eye emissive was misplaced in lobby
- Fixed Lex Bad Cop Emote clipping when using Default body and L-EXO suit
- Minimum accuracy increased from 78% to 92%
- Fixed Chain distorting while mounted
- Dredge Anchor
- Fixed abilities locking out a second time after hooking an enemy
- Now only affects your first shot after firing.
Acrobatics (Legendary card)
- Renamed to Combat Medic
- Hitting an ally with Healing potion increases your attack speed by 50% for 3s.
- Fixed Sha Lin able to emote while holding his primary fire
- Fixed a bug where this card was dealing true damage.
- Damage increased from 95 to 110
- Rune of Travel
- Now heals Talus for 500 health.
- True Power
- Added extra battlecry line to Talus Ultimate
- Healing reduced from 200/400/600/800 to 100/200/300/400.
- Now affected by CC reduction.
- Fixed ability only dealing 32 total damage in Shooting Range
- Shield health per tick increased from 85 to 212.5
- Duration reduced from 2.5s to 1s
- Total shield health returned has not been changed.
- Cooldown increased from 10s to 15s
- Alternating Current
- Duration reduced from 1.5s to 1s
As always, this patch is expected to arrive first on the PC sometime this upcoming week. With the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms receiving the patch the following week.