Get ready for a double dose of new in-game content this week for the free-to-play MOBA, Smite, that sees the third-person MOBA not only receive a new patch, but as well as the start of the annual in-game “Reaping” event.
If you’re new to Smite and have no idea what the Reaping event entitles you to, it’s simple; it’s a week long event that rewards you with free chests for just simply winning games and extra goodies such as free gems, double everything and more. For the full details on the event view them below:
October 24th – October 26th
- Earn a free chest for either a cutesy avatar chest or Odsyessy for every first three wins of the day, per day.
- Earn a free Enigma chest for your first win of the day, per day.
- 50% off a new chest everyday.
October 27th – October 29th
- Earn 50 gems for your first three wins per day
- Double xp, favor, worshipers
- 25% off both the Curiosity chest and Hocus-Pocus chest
Aside from the Reaping event going live, Hi-Rez Studios has also just released its latest patch; that sees the 4.20 Smite update receive some appropriately themed skins like “Super Chill” Bacchus. However, the big takeaway of this patch in terms of cosmetics is the release of this year’s Smite World Championship digital loot pack.
Where upon purchasing this digital loot pack that will be available for 1500 gems, it’ll grant you access to these exclusive skins:
Aphrodite – SWC 2018 Queen
Cernunnos – Convention 2018
Neith – Mystic Defender
Thor – SWC 2018 King
In addition to those skins, you’ll also receive the following in-game items:
- Number One Global Emote
- SWC 2018 Recall Skin
- SWC 2018 Ward Skin
- Divine Chest Roll
- 750 Fantasy Points
Cosmetics aside, here’s what you can expect to change with the game once this patch goes live in terms of item and god balancing:
- Many item icons have had their artwork redone or have had adjustments to make them more consistent with their item tree’s color scheme.
- Players can now be able to use random Announcer Pack and Loading Screen Skin options in the Profile Loadout
- Fixed an issue where Spectator would sometimes omit Accolades/Killstreak/Objective Kills
- Fixed an issue where some Odyssey videos could not be played in certain localizations
- Fixed an issue with the Bull Demon King texture on 3v3 Practice mode.
Soul Eater has been reworked:
- 2400 Gold
- +30 Physical Power
- +10% Physical Lifesteal
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- PASSIVE – Each time anything dies near you, you gain a Stack. Gods, large Jungle Monsters, and Jungle Bosses provide 5 Stacks. At 100 Stacks, Soul Eater Evolves – gaining +20 Physical Power and allowing your Abilities to heal you for 10% of the Damage dealt.
- Removed +10% Crowd Control Reduction.
- Added +15 Physical Power
Shield of Thorns upgrade:
- Decreased time from 8 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Increased Cost from 2250 to 2350
- Heavenly Reflection: Decreased Cooldown from 14s to 12s.
- Heavenly Reflection: Decreased Mana Cost from 70/75/80/85/90 to 60/65/70/75/80.
- Decreased Base Health per Level from 100 to 95.
- Mana per Level increased from 32 to 35.
- Conviction: Decreased Mana Cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 60 at all ranks.
- Fade Away: Decreased Stealth Duration from 4/4.5/5/5.5/6s to 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s
- Dark Portal: Reduce Damage from 250/350/450/550/650 to 220/320/420/520/620
- Dark Portal: Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 130% to 100%
- Dark Portal: Decrease Silence Duration from 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5s to 1.5/1.65/1.8/1.95/2.1s
- Epic Uppercut: Adjusted Cooldown from 90/85/80/75/70s to 75s at all ranks.
- Trident: Increased Movement Speed 5/10/15/20/25% to 10/15/20/25/30%
- Release the Kraken: Can now be cast inside player made deployables (such as Thor’s Tectonic Rift).
- Release the Kraken: Increased outer ring Damage from 170/195/220/245/270 (+30% of your magical power) to 175/210/245/280/315 (+45% of your magical power)
- Release the Kraken: Decreased center area Damage from 180/220/260/300/340 (60% of your magical power) to 175/210/245/280/315 (+45% of your magical power)
- Release the Kraken: Total Damage increased from 350/415/480/545/610 to 350/420/490/560/630.
- Release the Kraken: Damage is now split evenly between the center area and the outer ring, meaning the center target is still hit for both areas damage but players hit by the outer area will receive more damage than in 4.19.
- Percussive Storm: Reduced Radius of Projectiles from 6 units to 4.5 units.
- Percussive Storm: Updated the targeter visual FX to better convey the overlapping area for the projectiles on the double shot.
- Raiju: Players hit by Raiju will now have the hit visual FX travel to their god more quickly.
- Raiju: Fixed an issue where the ground hit visual FX would not display when a target was successfully hit.
- Raiju: Fixed an issue where all targets inside Raiju’s targeter would be highlighted, rather than just the target closest to the center.
- Aegis Assault: Aegis Assault’s static AoE will now be triggered when the Aegis is hit by Zeus’ Chain Lightning.
- Chain Lighting: Increased Magical Power Scaling from 40% to 50%.
As with every patch, you can expect patch 4.20 to go live next week for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms. While the Reaping event will be available for everyone at the same time regardless of what platform your playing on.