Get ready to ‘depart to the afterlife’ with Smite’s annual Halloween update that features mummies, zombies, cute cuddly ghosts and the grim reaper himself.
The appropriately titled “Departure to the Afterlife” patch for Smite, is filled with none other than some spooky cosmetic skins to the game that will sure to put a smile on the faces of those who love to celebrate Halloween. Wherein you can check a glimpse of them by viewing the card art below:
- Cupid: Trick Or Treat
- Hachiman: Mastery skins
- Izanami: Mummified
- Raijin: Warchief
- Susano: Yurei
- Thanatos: Grim Reaper
This ghoulish update that’s now live on the PC not only sees some delightful skins being added to the free-to-play moba, it also features the profanity driven announcer pack from HiRezTina. In which you can catch a glimpse of the announcer pack in action here.
Don’t worry, the guys in charge of the bleep button are working overtime for this announcer pack.
New content aside, here’s a few of item and god changes you can expect to go live such as a nerf to Hide Of The Urchin item that’s been very popular as of lately in the pro leagues.
- Decreased Physical Protections from 30 to 25
- Decreased Magical Protections from 30 to 25
Hide Of The Urchin:
- Increased Cost from 2350g to 2450g
- Decreased Physical Protections from 35 to 30
- Decreased Magical Protections from 35 to 30
- Increased Attack Speed from 15% to 20%
- Decreased Cost from 2950 to 2750
- Dragon Call: Increase Ranged Dragon Damage from 15/20/25/30/35 to 20/25/30/35/40.
- Wild Storm: No longer triggers basic attack items or effects. Will still trigger charges of Dragon Call.
Increased Base Damage from 80/125/170/215/260 to 90/135/180/225/270
- Feathered Step: Reduced Damage from 60/90/120/150/180 to 40/75/110/145/180.
- Moonlight Charge: Increased Physical Power Scaling from 60% to 70%
- Berserk (Passive): Decreased Base Shield health from 40 to 20.
- Berserk(Passive): Increases Shield health per level from 23 to 24.
- Barbed Spear: Reduced Rage gained for every non-god target hit from 6 to 5.
- Barbed Spear: Increased Rage gained for every god target hit from 6 to 8
- Salmon’s Leap: Reduced Rage gained for every non-god target hit from 6 to 5.
- Salmon’s Leap: Increased Rage gained for every god target hit from 6 to 8.
- Spear of Mortal Pain: Reduced Rage gained for every non-god target hit from 6 to 5.
- Spear of Mortal Pain: Increased Rage gained for every god target hit from 6 to 8.
- 72 Transformation: Decreased Mink Form Base Damage from 90/150/210/270/330 to 70/130/190/250/310
- 72 Transformation: Decrease Mink Attack Speed and Haste buff from 5s to 4s
- General: Increased Base Movement Speed from 360 to 365
- Eagle Eye: Ammo increased from 3/3/3/4/4 to 3/3/4/4/4
- Eagle Eye: Damage reduced from 10/15/20/20/25 and 0/5/10/10/15 to 10/15/15/20/25 and 0/5/5/10/15
- Iaijutsu: Cooldown reduced from 18/18/17/17/16s to 16s
- Mounted Archery: Damage Adjusted from 225/285/335/390/445 to 225/280/335/390/445
- Fade Away: Reduced casting time before the leap from 0.65s to 0.35s.
- Dark Portal: Reduced warm-up time from 0.85s to 0.6s.
- Dark Portal: Reduced post-fire time from 0.85s to 0.6s.
- Percussive Storm: Percussive Storm projectiles now have a radius of 6 units at all times, increased from 4.5 at maximum range. They no longer scale in size.
- Percussive Storm: Decreased Base Damage from 35/50/65/80/95 to 30/45/60/75/90.
- Raiju: Increased projectile speed by ~20%.
- Thunder Crash: Players will now be able to move during the warm up of Thunder Crash.
- Taiko Drums: Added additional support to limit the times players can become stuck, unable to cast any shots of Taiko Drums.
Of course no Smite Halloween update would be complete without the return of a certain favorite game mode and chest. Which sees both the Halloween themed arena map makes it’s return with the update as well as the Halloween chest becoming available once again with a few new items in it’s loot pool such as both Cupid’s and Thanatos’ new skin that were previously mentioned in the story.
Aside from the new skins being made available in the Halloween chest, you can also expect to grab the Jack O’ Lantern jump stamp and the Spooky music theme as well.
Which new skins are you looking forward to purchasing with new update? Let us know in the comment section below.