Destiny 2 Tops UK Charts but Only Ships Less Than Half of First Game

In just its first week, Destiny 2 has already proven to be a mega successful for Activision and Bungie once again. In the UK weekly charts, Destiny 2 managed to snag the top spot and cement itself as the biggest launch of the year in the UK so far.

Having said that, things aren’t as rosy as it might seem. According to MCVUK, Destiny 2 sales are down 58 percent compared to Destiny 1 which was released back in 2014. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean sales are down, but it might be due to more gamers opting for digital copies of the game.

Additional sales data reveals that 58 percent of Destiny 2 sales were for the PlayStation 4, with the remaining 42 percent to the Xbox One. Destiny 1 had a more even distribution, with 51 percent going to Sony platforms (PS4 and PS3), with the 49 percent left to the Xbox One and Xbox 360. In comparison to Sony’s big, AAA exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn managed to beat out Destiny 2 in week one sales if you only count on platform (PS4). 

Here’s the top 10 sales in full:

1. Destiny 2 (Activision Blizzard)
2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Sony)
3. Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two)
5. Fallout 4 (Bethesda)
6. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Activision Blizzard)
7. F1 2017 (Codemasters)
8. Dishonored 2 (Bethesda)
9. DOOM (Bethesda)
10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Ubisoft)

Given how there’s already over 1.2 million concurrent players orbiting Destiny 2’s world, I gather, Activision and Bungie aren’t really that concerned about the sales disparity. Don’t forget to read up on everything Destiny 2 on our page for Bungie’s latest.

settings

close