Bandai Namco Entertainment has released the Ace Combat 7 update 1.70 patch today, which according to the game note’s change some of the skins and cockpit designs of some aircraft.
Ace Combat 7 Update 1.70 Patch Notes
Size: 8GB on PS4, 5GB on Xbox One, and 1GB on PC
According to the PS4 history log these are the notes for the new Ace Combat update.
- Updated the interior cockpit design of some aircraft
- Updated skin of some aircraft
- Miscellaneous text updates
Discoveries from the community:
- Garuda F-15E nose color has been fixed and now is identical to its AC6 counterpart. Previously the nose was rather dark like the default AC7 F-15E scheme (Reddit)
- ASF-X Shinden II cockpit updated (Reddit)
Nothing really specific so it’ll be up to the community to figure out which skins and cockpits have had some visual updates. We will update should any more discoveries be made or further opfficial notes be released.
While not specified in the notes, this update could potentially add support for the upcoming Experimental Aircraft Series DLC.
No release date has been given for the new DLC, though given this update does seem pretty out of the blue, we wouldn’t be surprised if it added some support once the DLC becomes available. Fingers crossed that it releases real soon.