While BioWare has already mentioned that the controversial Anthem PS4 crash issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch scheduled for next week, that’s not the only thing that will be fixed.
In yesterday’s Anthem developer livestream, the studio also revealed the Anthem upcoming patch changes players can expect — or at least some of it. Thanks to Reddit user naamtar123, here’s the changes and fixes revealed by BioWare that will be in the Anthem upcoming patch!
- In all instances of the PS4’s hard crashing they’ve discovered the PS4 CAN be powered back on.
- The Level 1 Defender rifle is doing too much damage, it’s a bug, it’s being fixed (and is an easy fix.)
- In the upcoming patch you’ll be able to start Expedition as if you were in a group from anywhere in Fort Tarsis.
- They’re still monitoring inscriptions and drop rates.
- GM2 and GM3 don’t feel as rewarding as they’d like them to be right now, it’s being looked into.
- Crashing into the ground from things like running into walls or Overheating will no longer have as long of a recovery animation when landing for Colossus (unconfirmed if this is the case for all Javelins.)
- There are around 300 changes in the upcoming patch notes, sometimes 5 changes can equate to 1 patch note.
- The crash and stability team is currently focusing on console crashes, but they are looking into PC as well.
- Many improvements have been made to Quickplay backfilling (i.e. loading into dead missions) – they’ve fixed what they know about and hopefully that is all or at least most of them.
- Freeplay “server shutdown” missions have been changed to not happen until the server is actually going to shutdown.
- “Open Cortex and track X” will no longer appear in Freeplay.
- Common and Uncommon items will be removed at level 30 in the upcoming patch.
- The Combat Team will be releasing a guide on how inscriptions work, it will be posted to Reddit today. (3/6)
- A random/quickplay Strongholds will be reintroduced with the upcoming patch. In the future they’d like to do extra rewards for quickplay Strongholds.
- Mouse button 4 is no longer bound to the back button for PC players.
- Problems with respawning behind a blocked off wall should be gone or significantly reduced.
- Bugged ultimate bar/ultimate bar being full at load in is fixed.
- Colossus can now shield charge through destructible objects (such as barrels.)
- You can now prime Titans (in the upcoming patch.)
- Mark of Ruin is now functioning properly.
- Ranger grenadier component now actually reduces the cool-down of grenades.
- Base damage of most Masterwork weapons has been buffed to compensate for higher difficulty levels.
This next patch is scheduled to drop on March 12, and yes, it will include a fix for the damage bug that makes the level 1 Defender the best weapon in the game.