Respawn Entertainment has just revealed their latest upcoming event for Apex Legends called “Dark Depths,” and this one is releasing a few days from now, on January 11! Check out more details on the event below, including a trailer that gives players a rundown on what to expect.
Here is an introduction on the event, as detailed on the YouTube teaser:
The waters of Storm Point may look clear, but the Legends know that danger lies within. Channel the might of the seas in the Dark Depths Event! Duke it out on the new Habitat Arenas map. Leviathans have survived there for decades: how long will you last? Grab new limited-time skins for Ash, Horizon, Lifeline and Fuse, and complete daily and weekly challenges to earn more rewards inspired by myths and legends of the deep.
EA has also released a blog on the Dark Depths event, and here is a rundown of everything new:
New Arenas Map: Habitat
Storm Point is just one of many islands in the New Antillia archipelago. Habitat 4 is one of the smallest islands in the chain, and is best known as a Leviathan breeding ground. Early IMC research groups were surprised to find that a large population of local Leviathans gravitated toward the island, and designated Habitat 4 as an ethology base to study the creatures’ behavior. It’s been over a century since then, and while the IMC is gone, the gentle giants they studied here remain.
Habitat 4 was inspired by Leviathans and how it would feel to fight in their breeding grounds. It represents our vision of an arena established in a natural environment, while holding true to the tentpoles of arena design. With that being said, one of Habitat 4’s key features is a large waterfall. Through the passage of time it has eroded the landscape, forming trenches and terraces of varied elevation. Making this island a paradise for slides and quick getaways.
Flash Events during Dark Depths are essentially individual prize tracks per week. So each week there will be a new set of unique prizes + 1 unique badge players can earn by completing challenges. Here’s a look at some of the rewards that will be available each week.
- January 11th to January 18th
- Key prizes include: Apex Packs, Epic Holospray, Load Screen
- January 18th to January 25th
- Key prizes include: Apex Pack, Valkyrie Epic Holospray, 1 Dark Depths Pack
- January 25th to February 1st
- Key prizes include: Epic Revenant Holospray, Epic Alternator Skin, Epic Revenant Skin
These are just some of the rewards you’ll be able to earn!
Unlock themed cosmetics that turn the Legends into terrors from the deep. Purchase Legendary skins for Ash, Horizon, Lifeline and Fuse – or get a guaranteed new themed item in a Dark Depths Pack* and unlock cosmetics, weapon charms, trackers and more. Buy bundles or themed packs* to complete matching cosmetic sets for each Legendary skin, and complete daily and weekly challenges to earn prizes on the rewards track.
Dark Depths Pack
New to this event are special limited time Dark Depths Packs. For 400 Apex Coins, players can get an Event Thematic Pack that’s guaranteed to have a non-dupe event-limited item.
- Dark Depths Packs are available for a limited time during the Dark Depths Event, but the items will always be available in the standard Apex Pack pool of items
- Dark Depths Packs however, guarantee you one non-duplicate Dark Depths Thematic Event item
- The new thematic event will introduce 40 new items around the Dark Depths theme
- Dark Depths items can always be crafted with crafting metals. After two seasons, crafting metal costs of Dark Depths Items may be reduced.
- To preview/view what the new items are, players can go to the thematic event tab in-game
- For more information around event thematic packs please visit our FAQ page https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/frequently-asked-questions
The Dark Depths Event for Apex Legends is releasing on January 11 across platforms. In case you missed it, Respawn has recently shared more of Bangalore’s backstory in a new Stories from the Outlands trailer which you can check out here.