Announced last Thursday night during The Game Awards, ARK: Survival Evolved animated tv series list of star strutted cast has been revealed.
The newly announced ARK: Survival Evolved animated tv series will feature a line of familiar voices and acting talent, most notably that of Vin Diesel who has been appointed as President of Creative Convergence and acting executive producer for both ARK 2 and the animated series over at Studio Wildcard. Lead writers include Marguerite Bennett and Kendall Deacon Davis, with voice cast being lent by Gerard Butler (300), Michelle Yeoh (Crazy Rich Asians), Devery Jacobs (American Gods), Madeleine Madden (The Wheel of Time), Deborah Mailman (Total Control), Zahn McClarnon (Doctor Sleep), Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange), Elliot Page (The Umbrella Academy), Ragga Ragnars (Vikings), David Tennant (Good Omens), Karl Urban (The Boys), Jeffrey Wright (Westworld), and Russell Crowe (Gladiator). Full details on who each of the voice actors will be playing can be found below.
- Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
- Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
- Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva’s army.
- Madeleine Madden plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
- Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
- Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
- Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
- Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and village councilmember.
- Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
- Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
- David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
- Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
- Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
- Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
- Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
- Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
- With Russell Crowe playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
- And Vin Diesel playing 24th century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.
BIO FOR VIN DIESEL
Native New Yorker Vin Diesel is a prominent actor, producer and filmmaker who is most widely known as the patriarch in the Fast and Furious film series, in which he stars and produces. The record-breaking eighth installment has had the largest international release of all time, grossing over $1.2 billion worldwide. His other film franchises include: Richard B. Riddick in the Chronicles of Riddick series and Xander Cage in the xXx, series as well as the voice of Groot in the Guardians of the Galaxy films and Avengers: Infinity Wars.
BIO FOR JAY OLIVA
An animation industry veteran since 1996, Oliva has directed a dozen animated films for both Marvel and DC, including The Dark Knight Returns and the acclaimed Young Justice series. In 2012, Oliva was recruited by Zack Snyder to storyboard the DC Cinematic Universe, beginning with Man Of Steel. In 2018, Oliva founded Lex + Otis as an independent, artist-driven TV and film animation studio. He is currently the showrunner for multiple animated series, including Trese and Army Of The Dead.
BIO FOR JEREMY STIEGLITZ AND JESSE RAPCZAK
Since revealing their original game in 2015, game creators Stieglitz and Rapczak have worked tirelessly together to bring their dinosaur-filled vision to the masses. With 35 million players worldwide, the two have coordinated an amazing amount of new content and leveraged cutting-edge technology to keep fans engaged and wanting more ARK.
BIO FOR MARGUERITE BENNETT
Bennett is an American comic book writer. She has worked on Batwoman, DC’s Bombshells, Batman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Josie and the Pussycats, and her creator-owned books InSeXts and Animosity. Her work has been recognized for her depiction of female relationships, her representation of LGBTQ stories and characters, earning nominations for a GLAAD Media Award in both 2016 and 2017.
BIO FOR KENDALL DEACON DAVIS
Davis is the head writer for Lex + Otis, and oversees all internal story development and script writing for the studio. He started his career as a narrative designer on Microsoft’s Halo 4 then went on to design some of the highest rated episodes in the history of Telltale Games—including the BAFTA nominated finale of The Wolf Among Us. Before joining Lex + Otis Kendall created the story and mythology for the global launch of the multi-billion grossing franchise, Honor of Kings.
A new extended trailer of the one that premiered during the Game Wards can be found below.
ARK 2 and ARK: Survival Evolved Animated TV Series are set to release sometimes in 2022.