Just a few months ago, Microsoft unveiled one of the new Xbox-only exclusive hitting the console that came to fruition with the Bethesda acquistion, and that’s Redfall. While we haven’t heard from the game since then, a flood of Redfall screenshots and details have leaked via a supposed playtest!
Over on Reddit, user RagnarokTyr has posted details and screenshots for the game, which the leaker claims is coming in 2022!
Here are some of the Redfall game details leaked:
- – Game is described as open world game in line with something between Borderlands and Breath of the Wild. A core story taking you across the world, but also a myriad of side arcs, missions, and fights.
- – Gameplay style/loop is very similar to Borderlands
- – Seamless openworld compared to the likes of BoTw and Ghost of Tsushima
- -Can be played solo or co-op
- – 6 Playable characters to chose from
- -Each character has a unique hero ability
- -One character had a bird that acted as a sort-of drone, and the other could cloak for added stealth. Another character had something similar to a shadow hop or other short-range teleport move (Blink ability in Dishonored)
- -Game can be tackled stealth or guns blazing
- -Get XP from killing enemies and doing missions (theres side missions)
- -There are bossfights in the game similar to bosses of Borderlands
- -Size of the map is similar in scope to Fallout 76 or Ghost of Tsushima
- -Mix of traditional weapons like rifles and handguns, and also more unique stuff like a Stake Launcher.
- -Enemies are a dynamic mix of ranged, melee, vampire, and human.
- – There are NPCs, but not AI partners replacing human co-op like in Left 4 Dead. Closer to Borderlands or Assassin’s Creed NPCs.
Same as with every leak, treat this one with a grain of salt, although it does seem legit given how many images came with it. Still, this is a game in active development, so things could change.
Per the press release sent a few months ago, here’s the official game description for Redfall:
Redfall is an open-world co-op FPS from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored.
Continuing Arkane’s legacy of carefully crafted worlds and love of creative game mechanics, Redfall brings the studio’s signature gameplay to the co-operative action and FPS genres.
The quaint island town of Redfall, Mass., is under siege by a legion of vampires who have blocked out the sun and cut the island off from the outside world. Trapped with a handful of survivors against a horde of creatures threatening to bleed the town dry, players will choose from a diverse roster of heroes and group up with others to create the perfect team of vampire slayers.
Redfall blends single- and multiplayer options seamlessly, allowing the player to venture into the darkness alone or to squad-up with up to three friends for four-player co-op. Teammates can try different hero loadouts and combine their strengths to overcome the vampire legion and their brood of maniacal followers.
Redfall has no definite release date yet, though the leak states it’s coming sometime in 2022.