Larian has released the Baldur’s Gate 3 update for August 8 on PC, and this is for Hotfix 2! This update, which will show up as version version number: 188.8.131.5230146 houses crashing and blocking fixes, gameplay improvements and a lore. Read on for the full patch notes below.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Update for August 8 Patch Notes | Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 2 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in dialogue.
- Fixed a potential crash when reloading a savegame made mid-dialogue.
- Fixed being unable to enter the Shadowfell if you saved while the prompt was on screen.
- Fixed a crash caused by the UI.
- Fixed a potential crash when saving while standing on a surface during combat or in Turn-Based Mode.
- Fixed a rare blocker when loading a savegame made in camp that would cause a party member to spawn outside of camp.
- Fixed a potential crash when choosing to stop listening in on a dialogue.
- Fixed a potential crash when applying dye to an item outside of the inventory or through non-conventional means, such as the Reward panel.
- Fixed a potential multiplayer crash when the client touches the transponder on the nautiloid and leaves the party, and then the host tries to open Party View.
- Fixed a potential crash caused by the game trying to load the Character Creation UI when you are no longer in Character Creation.
- Fixed a potential crash related to the tooltips of items that grant skill advantages but don’t have an owner.
- Fixed a rare PhysX crash.
- Fixed a rare crash related to moving items.
- Fixed long fade-outs when listening in on dialogues in multiplayer.
- Penises C and D no longer clip through some githyanki clothing.
- Male gnome sorcerers are no longer missing their undies.
- Fixed an infinite loop that could occur with spells like Minor Illusion, where the enemy and the illusion would repeatedly enter and leave combat.
- Fixed necromites not joining the combat with Ketheric.
- Fixed enemies on the upper floor of Moonrise entering combat with those on the lower floor.
- Fixed Voss’ dragon reappearing after the githyanki scene near the Mountain Pass.
- Fixed a book in Moonrise Towers showing an internal variable name instead of the correct content.
- Fixed an issue preventing the boss fight with Ketheric from progressing.
- Removed the version number that was below the minimap.
- Improved UI stability by preventing possible crashes and possible savegame corruption.
- Fixed issues with rendering on Vulkan when minimising the game.
- Added additional multiplayer servers and server scaling support.
- Fixed an issue causing the wrong refresh rates to be applied if the game was not running in fullscreen.
- Fixed pauses and long silences in over 200 dialogues.
- Companions no longer block the camera in some dialogs.
- Fixed a camera issue where you see the back of Gale’s head when he asks you to place your hand over his chest.
- Fixed a pop on Shadowheart when she hears the voice of Shar.
- Fixed Gale’s paddle hands in one of his dialogues.
- Fixed Guex looking at the floor in his dialogue in the Emerald Grove.
- Fixed a blocked camera in the dialogue with Benryn at Waukeen’s Rest.
- Fixed clipping and other issues in the scene where you hear the voice of the Absolute when approaching the Goblin Camp.
- Fixed a camera issue and a pop in the dialogue with the owlbear in its cave.
- Fixed players’ feet sliding around in the dialogue with Jaheira after combat at Last Light.
- Fixed one of Astarion’s lines getting cut off in a camp dialogue.
- Fixed several animation issues in the dialogue after some acquaintances of Astarion visit camp.
- Fixed a pop for players using Body Type 4 in the scene with poor Liam at the Goblin Camp.
- Fixed a camera issue in the dialogue with Edowin, Andrick and Brynna in the forest.
- Fixed Kagha’s eyes rolling backwards à la Exorcist after the goblin leaders are defeated.
- Fixed a positioning issue with Lorin in the hag’s lair.
- Cleaned up some mocap in conversations with Astarion.
- Fixed a head pop in the scene with the ogres in the Blighted Village.
- Fixed Wyll’s head animation in the dialogue with Florrick at Last Light.
- Fixed Sceleritas Fel standing a little too close for comfort when he tells the Dark Urge to commit a certain misdeed.
- Fixed a camera issue in the scene with Radija at Moonrise.
- Fixed a minor pop when rescuing Zariel’s asset for Mizora.
- Fixed a clipping issue with a certain hag’s arms and leaves in the Blushing Mermaid.
- Fixed some character placement issues in an endgame scene.
- Fixed a camera issue for female gnomes in a dialogue at Moonrise involving something coming through a wall.
- Fixed a pop for the flesh golem when speaking to Balthazar.
- Fixed a camera issue when talking to one of Therezzyn’s dire wolves in Crèche Y’llek.
- Fixed character placement issues in the lanceboard scene with Mol and Raphael at Last Light.
- Fixed a character placement issue that caused Lae’zel to float off the edge of the nautiloid.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with Bernard at the Arcane Tower.
- Fixed a camera issue in the boat scene where you’re heading to a particular pool.
- Fixed a minor mocap issue with Fist Rowan at Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed Minthara looking to the side with suspicion the night after the celebration at camp.
- Fixed characters’ heads popping downward when throwing a coin into the well in the Blighted Village.
- Fixed a minor pop when Shadowheart tries to convince you that you need her at the Goblin Camp.
- Adjusted Astarion’s expression in dialogue with Gandrel in the Sunlit Wetlands.
- Fixed Blurg being invisible and Astarion being stuck in the wrong animation in the Myconid Circle.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with the monk’s amulet.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with Dammon and Karlach about her heart.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with Fortuno Dibbs at Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed several animation issues in the dialogue with Kansif and Warrior Vez in the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
- Fixed a minor timing issue with a Dream Visitor line when talking to Therezzyn in the crèche.
- Fixed issues with several voice-over lines.
- Fixed characters’ eyes looking in the wrong direction in the ambush scene in the Shadow-Cursed Lands if you side with the Harpers.
- Cleaned up some mocap in conversations with Gale.
- Cleaned up some mocap in the dialogue with Astarion about illithid powers.
- Added some pained grunts for the player in a scene about Wyll in the Colony.
- Added grunts in a scene for Dark Urge players after they resisted the allure of their Urges.
- Drenn is no longer invisible in the scene at Moonrise when Minthara has to defend herself.
- Fixed a very long pause in a dialogue with Halsin after the endgame fight.
In other Baldur’s Gate 3 news, it seems the hype from gamers on PC has spilled over to PlayStation gamers, as BG3 has reached the top spot on the PlayStation Network’s pre-orders list!