Those who’ve been patiently waiting to get some hands-on experience with Gearbox Software’s upcoming hero-shooter, Battleborn, won’t have to wait much longer.
Recently, the Texas-based developer revealed that the open beta for Battleborn will kick off starting April 8th on PlayStation 4 and April 13th on both PC and Xbox One. The Open Beta is set to concludeg on April 18th. As to what content will be available for who decide to participate, Gearbox Software provided the following details:
- Two story missions:
- The Algorithm: Take on The Algorithm mission to debug and unlock the rogue Magnus AI, ISIC. If you played in the Closed Technical Test last year, you’ll notice Geoff, the Spider King, has made a few changes to his lair.
- Void’s Edge: Bring a jacket, ‘cause the ice-planet, Bliss, is mighty cold. A Varelsi portal has opened and it’s up to you to fight your way through the invasion and deliver the payload.
- Two competitive game modes:
- Incursion: (Overgrowth map) Destroy the enemy’s two Spider Sentry Drones before they get to yours.
- Meltdown: (Paradise map) Send waves of minions to their death and score points for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator. The team with the most scrap metal wins!
- Have access to every playable character except for Toby The Destroyer who will only be available to the PlayStation 4 platform in the open beta.
Alongside the announcement for Battleborn’s open beta, Gearbox also released a trailer offering a glimpse of Battleborn’s story mode:
Battleborn is set to release on May 3rd for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms. A season pass will also be available for $19.99 USD, which will include new playable characters and story.