EA has just released its latest earnings report for Q3 fiscal year 2018! While most of the stuff discussed are financial stuff that won’t be interest to most gamers, the publisher did reveal a few eye-opening stuff as well.
- Digital net bookings* for the trailing twelve months was a record $3.375 billion, up 18% year-over-year, and represents 67% of total net bookings for the same period.
- The FIFA community grew to nearly 42 million players, on console alone, during the calendar year.
- FIFA Mobile added 26 million players to its total player base in the quarter.
- FIFA Ultimate Team™ player base grew 12% year-over-year, from launch to the end of the quarter.
- In Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II, nearly 70% of players engaged in the single-player campaign.
- Battlefield™ 1 now has more than 25 million unique players life to date.
- The Sims™ 4 player base grew more than 35% year-over-year and delivered the highest-performing expansion pack to date during the quarter.
- The Madden Challenge entertainment special on The CW Network was the #1 esports television broadcast in the U.S. for 2017.
Stay tuned for news bits from EA’s earnings call which will be on the site very soon.
In other EA news, there’s rumblings going around that Microsoft is interested in acquiring the software giant to shore up its software library.