As expected given today’s earlier announcement, DICE has released the Battlefield 2042 upcoming update 3.2 patch notes! It’s not that long and mostly includes bug fixes, so temper those expectations, people.
Battlefield 2042 Upcoming Update 3.2 Patch Notes:
We hope you all had a good holiday break! Now that the team is back, we’ve since been hard at work preparing the next updates for you.
Update #3.2 will be available on January 20, and contains further bug fixes and stability improvements to resolve occurrences of game crashing.
You’ll find fixes for hit registration issues related to Sundance and vehicle passenger weapons. We’re also resolving several Soldier gameplay-related issues, such as rubberbanding when running behind friendlies, or being stuck in a downed and alive loop.
We’ve also got more Battlefield Portal changes set to go live alongside this update that will enable more servers and game types to progress on Mastery and Weekly Missions. Read more on those changes, here.
This update is part of our continued commitment to address your feedback related to resolving bugs and improving gameplay. Currently scheduled for February, we’ll follow-up with another update focused on Quality of Life improvements. This will also include enhancements to the Scoreboard, which you can learn more about here.
We’ll continue to keep you informed on the roll out of Update #3.2 via the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account. You can also follow along with our tracking of Known Issues and game changes that we’re able to make in real time on our Battlefield forums.
The Battlefield team
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where leaving a party during matchmaking could make the game unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where connecting to EA servers after signing up with a new account would not work on the first attempt
- Updated behavior of the quit button during gameplay so it now returns you to the correct screen
- Fixed an issue where the loading music would stop playing during level load
- Fixed a rare occurrence where after landing with the Wingsuit, hits wouldn’t always register on some parts of Sundance’s hitbox
- Fixed occurrences of rubberbanding when running behind friendly players
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause you to be stuck in both an alive, and downed loop
- Fixed a variety of issues with attaching to ladders that could cause you to get stuck in a state where you could fly away or lose control of your Specialist
- Fixed an issue where soldier movement speed was impaired by nearby explosions that spawned craters
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and audio for landing would unintentionally trigger when dropping from very small heights
- Fixed an issue where weapons from a Loadout Crate would sometimes inherit ammo from the previously selected weapon
- Fixed an issue where being spotted when firing a weapon would spot you for too long
- Added multiple fixes to improve overall game stability
- Fixed a rendering related crash that could occur for AMD Radeon VII users while Sundance was visible on screen
- Sniper and SOFLAM scope glints now show from a further distance
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer be in sync whenever the driver’s turret would rotate, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies
- M1A5, T28 – improved the effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod
- Reduced Bullet Spread from 1.6 -> 1.1
- Increased Damage Fall Off Distance from 35 -> 40
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed a black rectangle being present on screen during Hazard Zone end of round when hitting quit at the level progress screen
- The Server Info tab now persists after hitting Refresh in the Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap when joining a Team Deathmatch game during the end of round sequence
- Rules Editor – the “IsInventorySlotActive” value now correctly handles melee weapons
- Certain admin commands can no longer be spammed
Once the patch is out tomorrow, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.