Battlefield 4 developer “Trydling” has outed the patch notes for the upcoming Battlefield 4 PC update later next week that will solve a number of inconveniences many players have been reporting in lately.
Namely, both the audio bug that plagues maps like Golmud Railways and Hainan Resort, as well as the “one-hit kill bug” that currenty affects everyone will be addressed. The blur effect created by EMP attacks will also be removed in this update.
“We are verifying the upcoming PC patch and making sure it is good to go,” Trydling writes in a recent Battlelog update. “We are aiming to get this patch out the week of Dec 2. Right now, we don’t have a set date for it, but here’s what it will include.”
PC Game Update Notes
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
- Fixed the “one-hit kill bug” where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
- Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.
It’s small a small update, but it is certainly a needed one. However, it’s not clear if the update will include any more fixes not limited to the list above, which is a definite possibility. We’ll keep you posted if and when we hear of similar fixes making their to the console versions of Battlefield 4.
In another related post, “Trydling” has confirmed that a similar update is in the works for the Xbox One and PlayStation 3 versions of Battlefield 4 and will also be ready by the week of December 2. Specific patch notes for these update are still forthcoming.
Just a quick note that we’re finalizing the upcoming Xbox One Game Update [and PS3 Game Update] and aiming to have that live the week of Dec 2. We will share the patch notes for this update soon. The update will focus on stability and performance, and includes a fix for the so-called “one-shot kill bug”. Stay tuned for full patch notes.
Thanks, Clayton and Sheldon, for sending in the tips!