Earlier today, DICE released the third episode of its Battlefield V Dev Talks web series. If you can’t watch the entire 19-minute show, and want it in a more condensed, text form, you’ve come to the right place.
Reddit user Glordit has posted a tl;dw version, which you can read below. It mentions soldier visibility, the STG 44 being tweaked, and lots more regarding the weapons of Battlefield V!
tl;dr for those who can’t watch, yet.
- Soldier visibility has been tweaked slightly – Now features a distance haze which is a lot less obtrusive visually.
- Higher Rate of Fire weapons would give double damage (in the beta, which caused frustrating deaths), been tweaked to give more consistent damage.
- Input lag also being looked at to give better feedback.
- Aim assist being developed for consoles, snap on aim is possibly being removed for a magnetic aim – aim slows down when near enemies while you ADS.
- Starter weapons might come with a specialization to stop more experienced players gaining an advantage on newer players.
- Player profile and progression UI has been tweaked and looks a lot better (in my opinion)
- Using weapons more, will give you more skins.
- Emphasis on making weapons and classes feel distinct from each other.
- Mastering weapons will help you perform better – weapons “look and feel” more responsive.
- Looked at previous BF titles to understand what players like/dislike.
- Weapon spread is linked to the guns sight – ADS will be different from hip fire.
- More Predictable recoil.
- Single shots have a greater distance.
- Working on the TTK – on all automatic rifles damage changed from 27 to 25.
- StG44, Happy and Unhappy with it’s performance, too OP at short ranged but tweaking damage.
- Changed the weapon sights tint and increased the cross hair colour.
- Bi-pods fixed and LMG’s and recoil has been tweaked.
- MG 42 shown, barrel is changeable when it over heats. Has some really crazy hip fire recoil. Able to shoot down and through sand bag walls. Fires 1000rpm, upgrades to 1200rpm.
- MP44 shown, better range than the Suomi
- Krag-Jørgensen shown, similar to the kar98.
- sturmgewehr 15 coming with launch – Faster than the StG, harder to control, better for short range.
- Looking at new weapons for tides of war, want to expand on current weapons and add in more.
- Lots of content to come with Tides of War.
I told you there’s a lot of info. In other Battlefield V news, you can download the original soundtrack now and for free!
For the latest Battlefield V news, make sure to keep your crosshairs locked here to MP1st!