Following an hour of scheduled maintenance in the early morning, Battlefield Hardline developer Visceral Games will begin to roll out the cops and criminals shooter’s first major game update, Patch 1.02, across all platforms.
“We are restarting BFH servers for all platforms tomorrow at 1a PT / 9a CET,” the studio wrote on Twitter. “This maintenance will take approximately 1 hour per platform.”
Fans have been looking forward to this update for some time now. It addresses a handful of ongoing balance and technical issues while introducing a few very welcomed improvements, including a reduction to RPG ammunition and screen shake when getting shot, tweaks to Team Deathmatch’s notorious spawn system, and adjustments to Conquest ticket counts.
Perhaps most notable to console owners is the introduction of the Rent-A-Server program for current and previous generation platforms, allowing players to rent private servers and adjust gameplay settings.
There’s a lot more you can read about in the patch notes below, courtesy of Battlefield Community Manager Dan Mitre. Have a look and drop some feedback in the comment section below. Platform-specific changes are marked in bold.
Battlefield Hardline Update 1.02
- Bronze packs – changes made to the last slot drop to improve the chances of collectibles and vouchers rather than boosts.
- Silver packs – made the first 3 slots like a Bronze pack, and removed any chances of getting standard drops and increased the chances of collectibles for the last slot.
- Gold packs – made the first 4 slots as Silver pack, and removed any chances of getting standard items, drops advanced vouchers and greatly increased the chances of getting superior or distinguished items.
- Shortcut Battlepacks added.
- Added the Prima Guide’s Gold Battlepack.
- Adjusted the RPG to only have 1 ammo when picked up from a vehicle trunk and to have less splash damage.
- Fixed a crash related to some specific Nvidia based video cards.
- Fixed some low reproduction crashes related to video card drivers. [PC]
- Fixed crashes in multiplayer based on data from BugSentry (internal crash tracking tool for live servers). [PC / PS4]
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the customization screen. [X1]
- Fixed a crash related to opening the final door in the single player level “The Turn”. [PS3]
- Fixed a crash in the single player campaign related to running out of memory. [PS3]
- Bullet impacts near the player no longer cause camera shake in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue in the Hollywood Heights map that allowed players to grab cash through a roof in the Blood Money game mode.
- Optimized game engine to increase graphics performance while punkbuster is running. [PC]
- Fixed an issue with player dying immediately after spawning in the multiplayer “East Side” map. [X360]
- Fixed an issue where the Hotwire game mode was showing as available for the Hollywood Heights MP map.
- Adjusted Team Death Match spawns so player is closer to friendlies and further from enemies.
- Adjusted tickets to 600 for Conquest Small and 999 for Conquest Large.
- Added Conquest Large to the Growhouse map.
- Fixed an issue were some game modes didn’t have the correct amount of tickets. [PC]
- Fixed an issue with inviting friends during the Rescue game mode. [X360]
- Fixed an issue with players getting kicked for being idle too long when joing a Crosshair or Rescue game mode. [X360]
- Fixed an issue with server customization settings for certain game modes.
- Added ability to clear and save a maplist when using the remote console server controls. [PC]
- Enable automatic muting of bad reputation users when they joining games with good reputation users. [X1]
- Increased the size of the text character limit for the MP map lists.
- Rent-a-Server functionality added. [X1 / PS4 / X360 / PS3]
- Added licenses for all items granted in the DLC shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where players who finished Episode 1 in the single player trial needing to replay the level when continuing to play after upgrading to the full game. [X1]
- Fixed an issue were a squad leader gets disconnected and the new leader cannot kick members of the squad or disband the squad. [PS4]
- Fixed an issue where players could bypass the timer at the beginning of the round during Rescue and Crosshair.
- Fixed an issue with the Chinese language EULA referring to another game title. [PC]
- Fixed issues where invites/joins were not functioning correctly if joining user performs invite/join after leaving a quick match game. [X1]
- Fixed an issue with the console becoming unresponsive after accepting an invite. [X360]
- Reduced the health of the couch and reduced the rate at which it can be repaired.
- Adjusted the criminal and law enforcement variants of the sedan so that they now take the same damage per bullet from weapons.
- K10 – reduced start damage to 33 and end damage to 8
- Saiga, PTR 91, HCAR, and HK51 – reduced the amount of vertical recoil
- RO993 – increased the rate of fire to 850
- Jury 410 – increased the amount of damage per pellet to 20
- FMG9 – increased max damage to 25
- Battle Rifle ammo – increased min damage to 25
- AKM – bullet min damage decreased to 24
- Corrected the weapon license price for the Uzi [X360]
- Fixed an issue with the IRNV/FLIR optics not highlighting enemies in certain cases. [X360]
- Fixed dev only bugs related to command line arguments used for testing. [PC]