Remember when we posted on how the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War integration with free-to-play game Warzone will happen in December during the game’s first season? Actvision has just announced the Black Ops Cold War Season 1 start date and it’s December 1, 2020!
In addition to that, if you dug how Infinity Ward handled post-launch content for last year’s Modern Warfare, rejoice! It looks like Treyarch is following that game’s content rollout for Black Ops Cold War!
In a new blog announcement, Activision has made it known that players are getting a Black Ops Cold War Nuketown map for free come November, and teased the rest of the stuff coming in Black Ops Cold War’s first season, as well as how Warzone will integrate into Black Ops Cold War! Not only that, but the Battle Pass is now going to integrate for all three games (Modern Warfare, Warzone, and Black Ops Cold War)!
Battle Pass Integration*
Initial Briefing: The Battle Pass system continues, with Season One coming loaded with brand new content for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. Progress through the Battle Pass system by playing any of the three games. Battle Pass content you unlock is shown in-game, no matter which game you’re playing.
Additional Intel: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will share post-launch seasonal content through the Battle Pass system (including free tiers of content) and the Store.
- · Warzone Battle Pass system content and store purchases will continue to be available in Warzone. There are currently no plans to remove Warzone content.
- · Modern Warfare Battle Pass content earned and store purchases are planned to continue to be available in Modern Warfare and Warzone. While we continue to optimize for platforms and disk space, we plan to retain all Modern Warfare content for continued use in Warzone at least through the initial Black Ops Cold War seasons of content.
- · For Season One, expect a multitude of fresh and exciting Battle Pass items you can access both in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- · While Season One Battle Pass content is accessible in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, players will still be able to progress the Battle Pass by playing Modern Warfare.
- · Battle Pass content you unlock will be visible no matter which game you’re playing.
As for the in-game store, Activision notes that a “vast majority” of content purchased in Black Ops Cold War can be used in Warzone as well.\
Initial Briefing: A vast majority of content purchased in Black Ops Cold War can be used in that game as well as Warzone.
Additional Intel: From the start of Season One, players will be able to access the in-game store, and use their COD Points to purchase a wide variety of cosmetic bundles. Each title’s in-game store will be carefully curated to feature content available to play in that game. Items also available to be played in Warzone will be clearly labeled.
- · Black Ops Cold War Store: Purchase content to utilize in Black Ops Cold War. Nearly all content from Black Ops Cold War is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labeled.
- · Warzone Store: This store offers a mixture of content from both Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare games, nearly all of which can be utilized in Warzone and the game for which it was designed. All items will be clearly labeled.
- · Modern Warfare Store: Purchase content to utilize in Modern Warfare. Most content from Modern Warfare is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labeled.
We’ll be posting the other half of the blog post where it touches on player and weapon progression, and loads more!\