Treyarch has released the Black Ops Cold War update 1.29 patch for PlayStation gamers, and it seems this title update is available now for pre-load, and its contents will be unlocked later today. Read for what we know that’s new in today’s new Black Ops Cold War February 9 patch.
Black Ops Cold War Update 1.29 Patch Notes | Black Ops Cold War February 9 Patch Notes:
Update: Treyarch has revealed the full patch notes for today’s title update (via the official Black Ops Cold War Trello board):
- Renamed the Progression tab to Career Progression and added a Legacy Progression tab in Barracks for easier progression menu navigation.
- Addressed an issue where Seasonal Progression was showing incorrect Prestige icons.
- Addressed a clipping issue when using the Zombie Head Gesture while using a Sentry Scorestreak.
- Addressed an issue where the visual effect could remain stuck on the player when performing the Soul Torn Finishing Move.
- Combat Record
- Addressed an issue where Combat Record could sometimes appear locked under certain circumstances.
- Addressed a UI error that would sometimes occur when playing Outbreak in splitscreen.
- Addressed an issue in “Forsaken” where the Pizza Delivery text could overlap the Trial text.
To date, Treyarch has not commented on today’s title update for Black Ops Cold War. However, given that Season 2 of Vanguard and Warzone are set to be released in a few days, chances are this patch is tied to it. If this patch is the same as the previous ones released, expect this title update to coincide with the new skins that will be available in Warzone and Vanguard, which we’re expecing to appear in Black Ops Cold War, too.
Expect the patch to be installable at 12noon ET/9 a.m. PT/1 a.m. HKT.
Here’s the message from Treyarch regardng Vanguard’s Season 2 update, which touches upon Black Ops Cold War, and an announcement that Black Ops Cold War is getting a double-double weekend:
EXTENDED DOUBLE-DOUBLE WEEKEND
In the spirit of 115 Day, we’re kicking off a four-day Double-Double Weekend in Black Ops Cold War starting this Friday at 10AM PT Jan. 14 through 10AM PT Tuesday, Jan. 18! This includes Double XP and Double Weapon XP in Zombies, and will run alongside an extended 2XP weekend in Vanguard and Warzone as well.
As a reminder, you’ll continue to earn player progression and Battle Pass progress across titles as you play, whether you’re slaying the undead in Black Ops or Vanguard Zombies this weekend. Have fun out there, and we’ll see you online.
Here’s a look at the new skins that we’re expecting will be rolled out in Black Ops Cold War with this title update:
For more on the skins, and additional images, head on over here.
For those playing Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, here’s what’s new for Warzone this Season 2:
- New Features: Nebula V, Redeploy Balloons, and More. Nebula VAmmo and Bombs create new offensive tactics, while Portable Decontamination Stations offer temporary refuge. Alternatively, take to the skies with Redeploy Balloons and Bomber planes.
- Explore the Chemical Factory and underground Chemical Weapon Research Labs, Watch for Armored Transport. Fresh points of interest in Caldera are here to shake up those rotations. Axis soldiers patrol these new areas and are found around the island in vehicles…Defeat them for powerful rewards.
- Caldera Clash at Launch, Rebirth Reinforced Midseason. The massive team fight returns — rank up those weapons and fight for Caldera outside of traditional modes. Meanwhile, there are rumors of a resurgence at Rebirth Island…and we’re not talking about the game mode.
You can check out the Season 2 roadmap for Warzone and Vanguard right here
If Treyarch releases an official changelog, we’ll be sure to update the post. Likewise, if you spot anything that got changed today, share what you find down in the comments below.