For those of you loot hunters who are on the PlayStation 3 platform, expect to be greeted with the latest patch released by Gearbox Software the next time you boot up your copy of Borderlands 2.
Several fixes many pesky problems that you may or may not have witnessed so far on your adventure on Pandora have been looked at. Luckily for us, the good folks over at Gearbox have also released the patch notes for us just in-case we really wanted to know what has been fixed with the latest patch update:
October 17th Patch Notes
- Fixed player first-person arms appearing too far up or down the screen when in horizontal/vertical split mode.
- Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
- Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player’s backpack than is actually there.
- Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
- Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
- Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they’re trading the same number of items with each other.
- Fixed clients sometimes losing access to fast travel stations unlocked during co-op progression.
- Fixed the favorite/trash icons on inventory items sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
- Added safeguards against the game getting stuck on a ‘Saving…’ prompt when a client with a splitscreen player saves and quits the game under specific rare circumstances.
- Fixed the “has abandoned your struggle!” message sometimes appearing with no player name.
- Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
- Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
- Fixed an error that could sometimes occur when trying to join a game where the host had recently returned from a downloadable content area.
- Fixed an error where clients would sometimes see certain weapons firing in incorrect directions.
- Fixed a blocker in the “Do No Harm” mission and repaired users already affected by the bug.
- Fixed an issue with savegames sometimes causing the game to stutter / freeze and repaired saves already affected by the bug.
- Made the user’s inventory not jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
- Fixed a bug with shields that reduce the player’s maximum health not displaying the amount of health reduced on the item card.
- Fixed a bug where some challenges would sometimes re-complete levels 1 through 5 over and over again, granting the user additional ranks and tokens.
- Enemies affected by a Siren’s Thoughtlock ability may now be damaged by other players.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes lose their third and fourth weapon slots. Characters who have already lost these slots will be repaired the next time they are loaded.
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
- Fixed occasionally skipping players being added to the “players met” list.
- Fixed network settings staying in LAN mode when reconnecting to PSN after signing out while the game was in an online mode.
- Fixed the Taiwanese currency not displaying correctly in the in-game marketplace.
No word yet on when the Xbox 360 platform version of this patch will be released. Seeing how they both went into certification at the same time, we expect it to be soon. It will include the same fixes that the patch notes above include.
Additionally, upon updating Borderlands 2 to the most recent patch update, something very interesting seems to pop up that certainly hints at a incoming second DLC for Borderlands 2.
Three new Achievements/Trophies that show up hint that the second upcoming DLC will be called ‘Mr.Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage’ which brings with it the following achievements:
- Explosive – Completed the mission “Long Way To The Top”
- Motorhead – Completed all Campaign of Carnage side quests
- Obsessed – Colletected 10 pictures of Moxxi in Campaign of Carnage
How do you guys feel about a whole campaign revolving around this explosive arms manufacture, as well as Gearbox already hinting at Borderlands 2’s second DLC? Tell us in the comment section below.