In case you didn’t know, Gearbox Software revealed a our first official Borderlands 3 hands-on impressions earlier today (you can watch the three hour event here). In the event Randy Pitchford and the Gearbox team revealed a ton of info regarding the game, and chief among them is the confirmation of Borderlands 3 split screen!
In addition to Borderlands 3 split screen confirmation, Gearbox also revealed that gore and dismemberment will be part of the game, players can slide, and lots more! Here’s a quick summary of what was talked about by Reddit user HighNoonViper.
- Dismemberment is back in style.
- Sliding and true crouching is now a thing You can now climb up ledges/walls
- Meleeing barrels will knock them flying and can be used in combat to douse the ground in the element used.
- Nuclear effect has a chance to spread to other enemies if enemies dies is affected.
- Insta ammo refills
- Customizable options for player headquarters Intagalatic travel
- Multiple skills equippable at same time for Zane Lost loot vending machine ( grabs rarity gears )
- Emotes confirmed
- Can hijack enemy vehicles
- No microtransactions
- Campaign dlc is coming
- Guns may have multiple fire modes and some will have the ability to use multiple elements
- Degrading cover
- Instances for loot or classic mode available Enemies scaling to each individual player and will be proportionate. ( I.e lvl 15 plays with 20, fighting lvl 20 enemies, level 20 player will now fight lvl 25 enemies)
- Spilt screen confirmed
- They are aiming to avoid “visual boredom” and try to spice things up in each environment/planets
- Different areas may have different gravity levels
- Bosses will have a chance ( maybe will always) drop the gun they are using when killed.
That’s a relief for those who want to play Borderlands 3 in one console, no?
Borderlands 3 will shoot its way out this September 13 on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.