Same as yesterday, Treyarch has rolled out a Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 game settings update. Thankfully, this is via a server-side hotfix, which means you don’t have to download anything at all. There’s a bunch of balance passes and technical fixes in this hotfix, which you can read about below.
Included in the hotfix notes are a couple of things Treyarch is tweaking which will be rolled out in a future Black Ops 4 update/hotfix. Check out the fill list (via Treyarch):
- General stability and crash fixes across all modes.
- Gameplay Balancing
- Increased player health in Casual, Normal, and Hardcore Difficulty in Classic mode by 50 points.
- Balance adjustment to rate at which players earn points.
- Balance adjustment to Tiger attacks.
- Balance adjustment to Hellhounds (spawn radius, speed, and frequency).
- Balance adjustment to Hellfire Special Weapon.
- Reduced cost of shield repair and replacement.
- Resolved an issue where some players experienced a crash in the Laboratory.
- Gameplay Balancing
- Mastercraft camos can now be properly unlocked.
- Adjusted unlock requirements for the active camo on various Signature Weapons (MX9, GKS, ICR-7, Strife, SG12).
- Prevented Scorestreak kills from counting toward progress in certain Challenges.
- Addressed an issue that occasionally prevented players from unlocking Ajax.
We’ve also made the following additional update specific to PC:
- Fixed an issue where Trauma Kits would occasionally not work properly.
Here are some of the hot topics we’re currently tracking and/or working on for a future update:
- PC Crashes
- We’re tracking a number of these across several different configurations, and the team at Beenox is working to identify and fix these as they come up. Watch /u/TreyarchPC and @TreyarchPC on Twitter for PC-specific Black Ops 4 updates, and please be as descriptive as possible when reporting crashes (for example, “error code Negative 345 Sky Wolf”) and what was happening in the game at the time of your crash. Every bit of info helps the team track and squash these issues.
- Map Spawns
- We adjusted spawns in Domination in yesterday’s update, and have seen reports of map spawn issues across other MP modes. We’re investigating these now and will address as necessary in upcoming updates.
- Progression Issues
- We’re investigating reported issues where some users have experienced a temporary loss in some progression stats, while others have reported Hardcore wins not counting toward Challenge progression, and/or losing a match already in progress counting as a loss. Our teams are on it.
- Weapon Camo Issues
- We’ve seen reports of instances where certain camos can cover up the Optic on your weapon. This is on the list for a fix in the near future.
In other Black Ops 4 news, it seems Supply Drops won’t be part of the equation this year.