While Treyarch has rolled a few Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 hotfixes over the weekend, the studio isn’t done just yet. In a new statement to the community, Treyarch announced some of the Black Ops 4 upcoming changes planned, and also mentioned that a “larger” game update is on its way this week!
Later this week, the team is planning a larger game update that will bring some key improvements and new additions to Black Ops 4. In the meantime, we’re currently tracking the following topics:
- Performance in Quads
- We’re aware that some players are seeing fluctuations in network performance in Blackout Quads (particularly on Xbox One), and the team has been actively investigating. This is not an easily identifiable issue that happens for all players, and internal testing hasn’t shown it to be consistent. We’ll update everyone when we’re closer to a solution.
- Disappearing Optics
- We’ve seen some reports that the Red Dot and other Optics can sometimes temporarily disappear when aiming down sights. The team is investigating this for a fix in a future update.
- Emblem Editor Issues
- Some players have experienced unexpected behavior with the Emblem Editor, including layers that can’t be deleted, distorted images, and other issues that occur after adding several layers to the Emblem. While many players have been able to create some truly amazing Emblems already, we know it’s not an optimal experience for everyone across the board and we’re looking into it. There are a lot of moving parts here (literally) and some of these items may affect how other items perform, so please bear with us as we work on improving this experience.
- Search and Destroy Custom Games
- As we mentioned in a previous update, we’re aware of some issues specifically present in Custom Search and Destroy matches, particularly with matches ending after round 7. We’re planning to address these in an update soon.
Regarding the “larger” game update, that one will most likely be an actual patch that players will have to download before jumping online. Once it’s out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.
Need some help on which Specialists to start with or just be effective ASAP? Here’s our top five list and why.