Moments before Nintendo’s official press conference set to uncover the Wii U in all its glory, including release date and price, Nintendo confirmed a little title you may know to be making it’s way to the platform, namely, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
Activision’s press release reveals a few key features of the Wii U version of Black Ops 2:
- HD Experience: The title features the most advanced textures, lighting and shadowing systems in series history, all of which are on full display on Wii U.
- Second-Screen Gameplay: Utilizing Wii U’s second-screen experience with the Wii U GamePad™, Call of Duty: Black Ops II players can join the action in a full Call of Duty experience from the second-screen. Plus, with the state of the art Wii Touchscreen, gamers can view multiplayer maps, call in score streaks and choose loadouts.
- Expanded Functionality: Players have the option of using Wii U’s split-screen functionality to use both the GamePad™ and the Wii U Pro controller. Wii U also supports up to four controllers, including the Nintendo Wii Remote™ and Nunchuck.
- Controller Choices: Use the GamePad touch screen to customize controls in real-time, or switch at any time to use another controller of your choice, including:
- Wii Remote
- Classic Controller Pro
- Game Pad
- WiiU Pro Controller
- More Multiplayer: Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Wii U includes Challenges, Core & Party Game Modes, Custom Games, Combat Training, Theater Enhancements, Emblem Editor and Prestiging.
The Wii U will hit shelves November 18th starting at $300. A “Deluxe” will sell for an additional $50 and will net you some more memory, a charging stand and the game “Nintendo Land.”
Will you be picking up the Wii U? If so, what about Black Ops 2?