Found the post-launch challenges and content in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 a little lacking? Treyarch is here to deliver more, as the Black Ops 4 Contracts release date has been set for June 25! For those not familiar with it, Contracts are new ways to earn in-game rewards through daily challenges (that rotate).
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Contracts system coming to Black Ops 4:
- Earn More Rewards in All Modes: Contracts will be available in Multiplayer, Blackout, Zombies, and World League, each with their own unique challenges to complete. Players will be able to jump from mode to mode to complete Contracts in any order they like.
- Daily and Active Contracts: Players will have a global Daily Contract and six additional Contracts to choose from in each of the four modes, for up to 28 Contracts available to complete at any given time. Up to three Contracts can be active at once, including two player-selected Contracts and one Daily Contract for each game mode.
- Contract Availability:
- Daily Contracts will refresh every 24 hours. Players must complete their Daily Contract in each mode before the refresh, when a new Daily Contract will take its place.
- Activated Contracts will refresh at a regular interval, and any of these Contracts can be swapped out for another while retaining progress made until the Contract pool refreshes. Currently activated Contracts will never expire, and progress made toward inactive Contracts will be lost when the pool refreshes.
- Standard vs. Hard Contracts: Players will be able to activate two types of Contracts aside from the Daily Contract in each game mode. Standard Contracts will provide a moderate challenge that can be completed fairly quickly, while Hard Contracts will put your skills to the test with more rewards to earn for completion. Here’s an example of a Hard Contract in Blackout:
- Contract Earnings: Rewards from completing a Contract can include:
- Reserve Cases (one or more, based on the challenge required)
- Bonus XP in Multiplayer, Zombies, and World League
- Bonus Nebulium Plasma in Zombies
- Bonus Merits in Blackout
- Reserve Earn Rate and Daily Tier Skips: On top of the new Contracts system, players will continue to earn Reserve Cases at a constant rate through gameplay. Players will also continue to earn Daily Tier Skips, which will still be awarded for the first win in Multiplayer or League Play, first Merit earned in Blackout, or for reaching round 15 in Classic Zombies.
- Zombies Rewards: Daily Contracts will replace Daily Callings in Zombies, giving players new ways to earn Reserves, Zombies XP, and Nebulium Plasma in addition to the mode’s extra Daily Tier Skip. The second Daily Tier Skip in Zombies will now be awarded when the Zombies Daily Contract is completed.
Treyarch states that there are up to 28 Contracts available to be completed at any given time. Lastly, Weapon Bribes will be changed as well in a future game update. Treyarch will introduce the Ultra Weapon Bribe that will first rewards a Black Market weapon that the player doesn’t own (finally! After the backlash from the community!). Treyarch adds, “Once you own any variant (base version, MKII, etc.) of all Black Market weapons in the game, Ultra Weapon Bribes will then reward a MKII Weapon, Mastercraft, or other variant that you haven’t unlocked yet.”
Standard Weapon Bribes will continue to work as they are presently, and all types of Weapon Bribes will remain duplicate-protected until the player owns every Black Market weapon, MK11 Weapon, and Mastercraft in Black Ops 4.
Black Ops 4 players, your prayers have been heard, and let’s hope this is the answer.