It’s been quite a busy day for Call of Duty fans, as not only did Call of Duty Vanguard officially get revealed, but Activision has released a bunch of details regarding multiplayer too!
In the press release sent out, a bunch of new Call of Duty Vanguard screenshots were included, as well early info on multiplayer, the Zombies mode coming with, and even Warzone info. Ready? Let’s dive in!
Call of Duty Vanguard Screenshots:
Call of Duty Vanguard Reveal Recap:
- WW2 Campaign
- Powered by next-gen version of the Modern Warfare game engine (crossplay, cross-progression, cross-gen support at launch)
- Vanguard multiplayer will feature 20 maps available at launch, with 16 built for 6v6, and four for Champion Hill.
- Champion Hill is Sledgehammer Games’ take on Modern Warfare’s 2v2 Gunfight mode. Eight teams compete in a series of head-to-head match ups,a nd the last team standing wins!
- Advanced Gunsmith weapon customization system introduced in Modern Warfare (and implemented in Black Ops Cold War)
- “Caliber” system that “brings immersive and reactive environments to a new level” according to Activision
- Zombies mode being developed by Treyarch – interwines with the Dark Aether story and lore (more revealed as we get nearer Halloween)
- Call of Duty Warzone wil see a brand-new map launch later this year
- Warzone seeing a new PC anti-cheat system implemented when it launches with the new map
- Warzone progress will carry over from past titles, and are as follows:
- All content earned via a Battle Pass or purchased via a Store Bundle will carry forward.
- You can play one (or all) of the four integrated Call of Duty games – Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, and Warzone – and progress your Rank and Battle Pass.
- You can create Warzone weapon loadouts with content across Call of Duty titles.
- Full integration between Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone will roll out when the new Warzone map launches later this year.
Ths is just the tip of the iceberg, as Activision will be diving in deeper with multiplayer, campaign and more details as we get nearer at launch
Call of Duty Vanguard will be released this November 5 on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
Source: Call of Duty Blog