In case you didn’t see it, Activision (finally) officially announced Call of Duty: Warzone with a brand new trailer. Have questions about the latest Call of Duty: Warzone announcement? We got you covered with our Call of Duty Warzone details and info post!
What is Call of Duty: Warzone?
Call of Duty: Warzone is Infinity Ward’s modern shooter take on the Battle Royale genre. Now, Battle Royale is nothing new to the Call of Duty series as Black Ops 4 featured Black Out. However, Infinity Ward is upping the antics with more players and features than ever before, to give one truly unique battle royale experience.
- In Warzone’s Battle Royale mode, drop into the massive Verdansk world with 150 players in teams of three to loot and fight to be the last squad standing in a colossal firefight
- In this redefined Battle Royale, players of all skill levels and playstyles will find new ways to play and be rewarded in the survival game mode
- Players can collect in-match Cash to purchase equipment, Field Upgrades, Killstreaks or Revive Tokens for fallen teammates at Buy Stations located throughout the map to help turn the tide of war
- Squads can choose to take on Contracts, optional in-match mini-missions located throughout the map that payout in epic in-match rewards upon completion, including rare loot, in-match Cash, XP, and Weapon XP to help squads get the upper hand on the competition
- If you go down in a match, it doesn’t mean you’re out for the count. In Warzone’s Battle Royale, there are different ways players can earn their way back into the fight:
- The Gulag is an all-new way to earn a second chance at survival in Battle Royale. Upon being eliminated, players will be taken to the Gulag to face-off against another fallen player in a 1v1 winner-takes-all gunfight, for a chance to redeploy back into the match
- In addition, players can earn enough in-match Cash to purchase a Self-Revive Kit in order to heal themselves after being downed by an opponent
- Players can also bring back fallen teammates by earning enough in-match Cash to purchase a Squad Buyback at Buy Stations scattered throughout the map
- Warzone Vehicle list
- · ATV – two-seater, provides minimal protection, good at offroading, fast.· Tactical Rover – four-seater, provides minimal protection, solidly fast, solid at off-roading.· SUV – four-seater, provides good protection, medium speed, not ideal for off-roading.· Cargo Truck – holds the squad plus equipment, excellent protection, not for off-roading, slowest.· Helicopter – four-seater, decent coverage, flies.
What is Call of Duty: Warzone’s Plunder Mode?
In Plunder, teams are tasked with collecting money and must reach $1 million within the 30 minute time window. First team to reach $1 million dollars will offset an overtime counter, where all teams will have the opportunity to rack up some major doe. The team with the highest amount in the end wins.
- Warzone also features the all-new, large-scale combat mode Plunder, where the freedom and gameplay variety of Battle Royale meets fast-paced Call of Duty action
- In Plunder, teams drop into an action-packed race to collect as much in-match Cash as possible by raiding Supply Boxes, eliminating opponents, completing Contracts or by controlling key Cash deposit locations throughout the map. Cash can be deposited in a Helicopter or Baloon deposits.
- Each player gets unlimited respawns, their own loadout, killstreaks and more, as they employ multiple team strategies to grow and safeguard their collection of in-match Cash. Death will cause a player to lose their money.
- There are a variety of ways to achieve victory, creating nearly endless epic moments and creative possibilities to win this battleground heist
- Create a class is enabled in this mode
When does it release and on which platforms?
Warzone will officially go live this Tuesday, March 10th at 8 AM PT // 10 AM CT // 11 AM ET for owners who currently have Modern Warfare. For everyone else, it will be the same day at 12 PM PT // 2 PM CT // 3 PM ET. It will be available on the PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Full rollout times can be found below
How much is it going to cost?
Despite Warzone being a separate standalone title from 2019’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, the title is completely free for everyone. No purchase needed whatsoever. If you own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you can access Warzone through the in-game menu. New players will be able to download Warzone for their respective market absolutely free.
How big is the file size?
Current Modern Warfare owners who are up to date on software can expect the download size to be 18-22GB. For new players, the download will 83-101GB. This is most likely because the whole Modern Warfare game is being downloaded.
Is PlayStation Plus subscription or Xbox Gold membership required?
Since the game is free-to-play, you will not be required to have a PlayStation Plus subscription on the PlayStation 4. As for Xbox users, free-to-play titles are locked behind the online paywall, so yes, an Xbox Gold membership will be required.
Are there benefits to having a subscription to either platform?
Outside of their normal offerings (free games, discounts, online play), the only subscription that will get Warzone benefits is PlayStation Plus. If you are subscribed to PlayStation Plus, Warzone players will receive exclusive monthly drops similar to Fortnite, Warframe, and many other free-to-play titles.
Does the game support cross-play? With what platforms?
Like Modern Warfare, Warzone does indeed feature cross-play support between PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 owners.
Can you opt-out of cross-play?
While Modern Warfare allowed you to turn off cross-play features via menu, it would appear that Warzone does not allow this option according Drift0r
Is there Unified progression between the platforms?
Yes, Warzone does feature cross-save progression between all the platforms. All you have to do is be signed in with your Activision account on your desired platform and progress will carry over. There is also no level cap.
How many players does it support?
At launch, Warzone will be able to support a total of 150 players on a single map. There have been talks to expand this number to 200, though that is yet to be confirmed.
Is there a Battle Pass? What if I bought the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Pass, will this apply to Warzone?
Yes, there is a Battle Pass for Warzone, and yes it is unified across both titles. For players who do not own the full version of Modern Warfare, all progress and items they’ve earned in Warzone will be rewarded in Modern Warfare, should they ever choose to purchase it. It’s one Battle Pass for both games.
Are there microtransactions?
Yes, however, they are solely cosmetic and do not affect gameplay. The same item shop that is in Modern Warfare is the same one in Warzone as is the Battle pass. It’s all shared. What you buy will show up in both versions, even if you don’t currently own the paid one.
We’ll be sure to update this post with any additional questions you may have. In the meantime, be sure to check out some early gameplay before Warzone drops tomorrow: Call of Duty: Warzone Gameplay Videos