The next season of Call of Duty: Mobile is named New Vision City and will arrive on August 4, 2022, at 5 pm PT. Season 7: New Vision City will feature a huge collaboration between COD Mobile and GHOST IN THE SHELL: SAC_2045, featuring the characters Motoko and Batou to fend off post-human threats.
COD Mobile season 7 features a new area in the battle royale map called New Vision City, Motoko and Batou as playable characters, new abilities including Cyberbrain, Cyberbody, a new themed event. Here’s a rundown of all the key highlights coming to Call of Duty: Mobile Season 7.
COD Mobile Season 7 New Vision City Info and New Content Overview:
New Battle Royale Area – New Vision City:
- A new futuristic cybercity inspired by the GHOST IN THE SHELL: SAC_2045 Netflix series will be available in the Battle Royale mode. New Vision City is encapsulated by a mysterious shell and covered in perpetual darkness, illuminated only by the cyber-themed neon lights covering the high-rise buildings.
- New Revive Mechanic: Instead of retrieving dog tags to revive your fallen teammates, you must now collect their ghosts. Found at the spot where they were eliminated, these ghosts allow you to begin the reprinting process, bringing them back into the game.
- PVE Enemies: New AI robots and mechanical dogs have infiltrated Isolated, challenging players to PVE combat. Defeat these enemies to collect their parts, which can be exchanged for a Cyberware enhancement at the Redeem Facility.
- Cyberware Enhancements: Operators can install one of four enhancements during a Battle Royale match. The Cyberbrain Drone allows you to connect to external terminals to control a microdrone that’s useful for scanning and hacking hostile targets; the Ocular System exposes nearby enemies and displays their stats; Cyberbody Limbs grants improved physical power and a transformed right arm for an aerial melee attack; and the Neuro Systems optimizes your precision and targeting abilities.
- Season 7 offers a brand-new Battle Pass that includes free and premium items like new Operators, a new functional weapon, a new Operator Skill, Weapon Blueprints, Calling Cards, Charms, COD Points, and more.
- Battle Pass Free Tiers: This season’s free Battle Pass content includes the new Claw Operator Skill at Tier 14, granting a firearm utilizing ricochet ballistic rounds and a rapid-fire, five-shot spread. At Tier 21, unlock the Switchblade X9 SMG, a foldable weapon famed for its compact design. Other free rewards this season include a variety of camos, Weapon Blueprints, and the Arcane Slayer Calling Card at Tier 50.
- Premium Pass Tiers: Purchase the Battle Pass for the chance to earn all of the content available in the New Vision City season, including GHOST IN THE SHELL: SAC_2045–inspired Operator Skins like Blackjack — Elite, Stryker — Interface, and Battery — EVE-III. The ultimate prize? Motoko herself. Other premium rewards include stylized Weapon Blueprints for the Kilo 141, Arctic .50, Shorty, and the new Switchblade X9.
New Themed Event: Togusa’s Survey:
- Motoko is connecting to the Control Board and she needs Togusa’s help. Uncover clues that she’s left for Togusa on the map to find her and help connect to the network.
- Check the Post-Human Report throughout to track the event’s progress. Players who complete all of the event challenges before the report’s close can then redeem the final reward.
- Need a refresher on the various Cyberware abilities? Swing by the event’s Training Guide for a demonstration of each one. Experiment with all four.
- New Seasonal Challenges: Season 7 brings new Seasonal Challenges that offer rewards like new Weapon Blueprints, Operator Skins, and up to 30,000 Battle Pass XP. A new signature attachment for the ASM10 can be unlocked this season, too. Check in-game throughout the season for more details.
- Event Collection Page: Visit the event collection page during the GHOST IN THE SHELL: SAC_2045 collaboration to view all of the events in one space.
An announcement trailer for the new season was also revealed.
You can read the full press release here. Call of Duty: Mobile is available on Android and iOS devices. Stay tuned for more updates!