COD WW2 ADS sprint out finally getting buffed! Huzzah!
With Call of Duty: WWIII developer Sledgehammer Games now having a new studio head in Aaron Halon, it seems things are going to change for the game in ways the community wants it to.
Over on Reddit, the official Sledgehammer Games account posted a list of weapon changes, with one of the most requested buffs at the forefront, and that’s an ADS (aim down sights) sprint out buff! This has long been a requested feature since launch, with the current ADS sprint out time being the slowest it’s been compared to past Call of Duty entries.
Those who hate being quickscoped all the time will be happy to know that that will change, too! Check out the complete message below.
Guess what? The weekend is almost here! Don’t know about you, but we are excited for it! Last weekend of Resistance Event fun, Triple Double (2XP, 2WeaponXP, and 2DivisionXP), and free MP access for PC! And with it, some changes…
For a while now, we’ve been reading your comments and threads with all the detailed and helpful feedback on some of our game mechanics, and decided it was time for us to do a community check in with you on weapon tuning (including slight quickscoping nerf) and ADS/sprint times. Good news! We have some updates for you. Our dev and QA teams have been working hard to assess, test, and adjust components, and we’re excited to say we have some big changes coming tomorrow. (For what it’s worth, we prefer to give you all clearer time frames for fixes and updates, rather than “coming soon,” whenever possible. This is one of those instances where we can do that!)
We expect these changes to speed up gameplay a bit and improve the overall MP experience for a lot of you. After the changes go live tomorrow, please don’t hesitate to let us know your thoughts and provide any feedback you think could help us improve things. Thank you to everyone who contributed constructively to the dialogue on this stuff! Details below on the changes coming:
ADS TRANSITION TIMES/ADS FROM SPRINT TIMES/ADS SPRINT OUT TIMES:
- Buffed base ADS times and buffed ADS in from sprint times (ADS sprint out times match ADS from sprint times)
- Buffed base ADS transition times, but not ADS from sprint times/ADS sprint out times, in an effort to maintain a difference between the SMG and AR class playstyles
Snipers: Kar98k and M1903
- Nerfed ADS transition times (a slight quickscoping nerf)
- Buffed base ADS times
Note: Base ADS times for SMGs are faster than Rifles, and Rifles are faster than LMGs. In other words, there is now more of a distinction between class playstyles.
- Buffed recoil in an effort to have a more competitive SMG on par with the PPSh-41
- Nerfed fire rate so that the damage output is more in line with other weapons in its class
- Buffed recoil in an effort to make it more manageable to shoot down range and give a better contrast to the M1 Garand
- Nerfed hip spread to match the M1 Garand’s in an effort to decrease the ability to quickly kill opponents at closer ranges
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly slower than the Gewehr 43)
- Buffed fire rate in an effort to make it a more competitive choice amongst the other rifles (still slightly faster than M1A1)
- Buffed recoil (closer to that of M1A1)
- Buffed clip size to be 12 rounds per clip instead of 10
M30 Luftwaffe Drilling
- Buffed damage per pellet to be on par with the recent Sawed-Off Shotgun changes so that this shotgun now has a more automatic 2-shot kill and a slightly more forgiving one-shot kill
- Buffed shotgun damage range, so that it’s now more feasible to finish off an opponent who didn’t die from a rifle bullet
- Buffed ADS spread to allow for greater accuracy when shooting enemies that are outside of the obvious shotgun range (while ADS)
- Buffed clip size to be 8 shots per clip instead of 6 in an effort to allow players to have more success with this weapon
- Nerfed ADS spread to be on par with other shotguns (besides the M30)
Oh, and the best part? This new update is coming tomorrow! Once the patch is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know. If this is the direction where COD: WWII is headed, then fans are in good hands.
What are your thoughts in the weapon changes so far? Share ’em in the comments below.