In case you weren’t aware, the Call of Duty:WWII private is currently on-going now on the PlayStation 4. While it is a beta, which means it’s a work in progress, players will no doubt a thing or two they want changed.
If you’re one of those people, then you might want to hop on to the COD: WWII subreddit now since Sledgehammer Games boss Michael Condrey has outlined some of the balance tweaks they’re already looking to implement, as well as a few additions to the game that will be present in the final version.
One of the biggest changes we made today was to correct a bug with the end of match transition that was causing a delay with the lobby load. You should see a large improvement, with continued optimizations still to come. In addition, here are some closing thoughts for the day:
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera eSports feature. In response to feedback about visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes. ☺
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
In case you didn’t want to read all that, colorblind support has been confirmed to be in, as well as a “bumper jumper” controller configuration that allows players to jump using the L2 button on the DualShock 4 or left bumper on the Xbox One controller, which should help players jump while shooting without needing to take their fingers off either analog sticks.
For more COD WWII stuff, we posted the Paratroopers scorestreak which is the highest scrorestreak in the game right now. We also outlined what Division we think should be your starting one. Finally, the COD: WWII beta cap has been raised, and there are new weapons added too.
Check back tomorrow for more COD: WWII coverage from MP1st, as well as a look at our impressions of it so far.