Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment are making a number of significant improvements to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive’s server infrastructure in order to support it’s ever-growing community, and grown it certainly has.
Earlier this month, it was reported that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive hit a record high of 100,000 peak players online at once during the weekend of January 3.
In addition, the official CS blog notes that the studio has seen “more than two million unique accounts playing CS:GO over the past month!”
The dev team also writes that “2014 promises to be even bigger than last year, with huge tournaments, exciting events, and more!”
Below are the full patch notes for the game’s latest update, now available.
CS:GO January 23 Patch Notes
- Significant improvement to server infrastructure to support growing CS:GO community.
- Fixed an alt-tab related memory leak.
- Added ability for Friends Lister to display two columns of friends.
- Added ability for mouse wheel to scroll Friends Lister.
- Added filtering by item name. Players can enter any part of an item name in the text field to filter their inventory.
- Added ability to sort items when selecting items that will work with a tool.
- Players can no longer initiate a vote kick on the final round or match point.
- The ‘bomb has been planted alert’ now also states the number of seconds that mp_c4timer is set to.
- The voice chat button in the lobby (microphone) now stores it’s state from session to session.
- Fixed remaining cases where Blog would take mouse input when if was obscured.
- Fixed Main Menu bar buttons getting stuck in highlighted state.
- Context menu entries are now divided into categories.
- Open Case UI will auto-select a key in cases where players do not need to choose between different types of keys.
- Fixed cases where players could not rename items in Lobby and Pause menu inventories.
- Inventory images will show the thumbnail for a weapon’s sticker.
- Buying helmet when you already have kevlar will now update the health/armor HUD icon element immediately on purchase.
- Fixed the freeze cam panel not always having the killer’s weapon item data during demo playback.
- Grenades now show player ownership in their name.
- Fixed some vote panel text getting truncated.
- Fixed the health, armor and ammo HUD elements not showing up sometimes when spectating some players.
- Fixed some alignment issues on the spectator follow panel
- Fixed the weapon image in the spectator panel not having a background.
- Realigned the spectator follow panel a bit.
- The gift drop alert panel has been de-holiday-ified.
- Removed the snow from the main menu background.
- Turned off rope and freeze cam holiday effects.
- Fixed missing Cyrillic characters in chat.
- Fixed HUD disappearing when alt-tabbing or starting another app (like hlmv).
- Bombsite A
- Moved CT van to give more effective cover
- Made CT van climbable
- Moved fences to give more space
- Removed red car
- Widened door into back of A
- Blocked visibility from bridge to canal
- Tweaked position/rotation of truck
- Made corridors and stairs under A wider
- Bombsite B
- Moved Bombsite B to CT side of pillar, extended area with a platform to give more space and cover
- ade players in sniping room easier to silhouette against the background
- Made cement sacks climbable
- Opened up wall on CT side
- Made bridge wider
- Moved up CT spawns and pushed T spawns further back
- Increased C4 radius to 500 from 400
- Railings in sniper room no longer blocks bullets or grenades
- Added light to sniper room balcony
- Made upper door in park connector wider
- Made park connector easier to navigate
- Made corridor near T spawn wider
- Brighter ambient lights in canal pipes
- Made climbing thing in playground more solid
- Made bathroom corridor wider
- Made windows in bathrooms breakable
- Added spectator fixed camera positions
- Tweaked soundscape settings
- Fixed various minor bugs
- Added collision to top of trees
- Added more accurate model collision
- Removed particle effects that could be mistaken for grenades
- Blocked a sightline in battlements near A
- Blocked a hiding hole in underpass near A
- Removed light models near statue at B that could be mistaken for player heads
- Removed a portapotty at back of B
- Raised height of center fence near B
- Fixed various minor bugs