Counter-Strike: Global Offensive now supports 15v15 on official maps.
Increasing the player limit has been “one of the most requested map features,” according to the latest dev blog. “The spawn locations have been prioritized to accommodate various numbers.”
The developers noted, “server operators, if you allow for more players, you may want to play with the bot quota number to find a number that works best with your server.”
Here’s the release notes as posted on Steam:
- Updated weapons based on performance metrics:
– Slightly increased the damage for the fiveseven to keep it on par with other pistols.
– Lowered the max width of the recoil patterns for the MG’s to make them better for their price point.
– Lowered the spread on the Negev to be more in line with the m249.
- Improvements have been made to burst fire and tapping.
- Added player spawns to all maps to support up to 30 players.
- Player spawns are now randomly selected from a prioritized list of spawn locations in order to better support more players per map.
- Adjusted bot behavior to fix the “antline” looking behavior.
- Added support for server operators to specify tick rate with the –tickrate parameter.
- Physics simulation tick rate now set to be the same as the game tick interval.
- Bullet tracers have had improvements made to speed, visual effect, and frequency.
- Chickens added to Inferno
- The Server Browser sorts Favorites and Lan tabs by ping rather than Tags.
- The radar will no longer display an ‘X’ for dying players when they are not within sight of the player or player’s teammate.
- Weapons with a burst mode will now show which state the gun is in on the ammo panel.
- Input device is now locked to whatever device launched the game session.
- Updated the Kevlar and Kevlar + Helmet buy menu images.
- Updated the Domination icons.
- Footsteps update position more often by shifting position determination to client side entity tracking.
- Tuned ambient sounds in most maps
- Fixed a bug with individual pistol round-based achievements. They can only be earned in Classic game mode now.
- Fix for changing video settings while in game sometimes causing a deadlock.
- Added a popup message triggered when a player attempts to initiate a vote on a server with voting disable.
- Fixed bug where player’s nav area would be reported as being on the floor below them causing the radar location to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed several UI related crash issues.
- Third party map and _SE map names no longer display in the scoreboard with the #SFUI_MAP_ localization token.
In case you missed it, earlier this month SDK was added to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.