With CD Projekt RED hosting a stream for Cyberpunk 2077 today, the studio has finally shown off the next-gen (PS5, Xbox Series) versions! Announced via the official Twitch stream, check out the Cyberpunk 2077′ next-gen features, as well as gameplay from the PS5 and Xbox Series X versions.
Cyberpunk 2077 Next-Gen Features:
- Added ray-traced local light shadows.
- Implemented native achievement support on next-gen consoles. Note that as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained in backward compatibility will not be transferred. Xbox achievements will automatically appear on the new version using the Smart Delivery feature.
- Introduced two graphics modes on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X:
Ensures smooth gameplay at 60fps with dynamic 4K scaling.
Provides photorealistic shadow and reflection rendering as well as gameplay at 30fps with dynamic 4K scaling.
- The Xbox Series S version has no graphics mode selection and is by default presented at 30 FPS in 1440p with dynamic resolution scaling.
- Added performance improvements which significantly decrease the number of FPS drops and improve rendering quality.
- Balanced HDR to achieve parity across all platforms.
- Various visual quality improvements.
- Added Activity Cards for PS5.
- Added Spanish voiceover support in the Americas (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16596 and CUSA-16597). Due to technical constraints, it is available only on next-gen consoles. For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Implemented support for spatial audio on PlayStation 5 for 3D-audio-enabled headphones and built-in TV speakers via PS5 ‘s Tempest 3D AudioTech solution.
- Haptic feedback is now customized based on in-game activity.
- The controller’s built-in speaker is used for holocalls, text messages, and everything that happens in V’s head.
Alongside that, check out individual gameplay videos for both the PS5 and Xbox Series versions of the game below:
Take a look at the Patch 1.5/Next-Gen Update gameplay captured on PlayStation 5. With the update, #Cyberpunk2077 takes advantage of the additional power of the newest generation of console hardware, allowing for ray tracing features and 4K with dynamic scaling, faster loading times, and a variety of other visual and technical improvements, as well as utilizes the DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers and haptic feedback functionalities.
Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure RPG set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour, and body modification. You play as a cyberpunk mercenary taking on the most powerful forces of the city in a fight for glory and survival. Fully customize your character and playstyle as you take on jobs, build your reputation, and unlock upgrades. The relationships you forge and the choices you make will shape the story and the world around you. Legends are made here. What will yours be?
We’re expecting bug fixes to be included in the patch rollout for Cyberpunk 2077 today, and once we know more, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.