While we just got the big “Clear Skies” patch for Dauntless two weeks ago, Phoenix Labs has released the Dauntless August 12 update that brings quality of life improvements and more. Console gamers will see this as Dauntless update 1.34, or what the studio calls the 1.3.4 patch.
Dauntless August 12 Update patch notes:
- Camera distance is now configurable.
- Camera view is now more consistent.
- Vertical FOV is now static, making the horizontal FOV auto-adjust when changing the screen aspect ratio. A wider screen now just means being able to see more on either side of you.
- Reduced the amount the FOV can be changed to 75-85°, down from 35-120°, preventing fisheye.
- Camera distance and FOV sliders are now available on consoles.
- You can now interact with the portal driver to view the new Ramsgate cutscene.
- Reduced the knockback on Lesser Behemoth attacks.
- Reduced the amount of damage it takes to stagger Lesser Behemoths.
- Fixed a bug that prevented The Hunger from generating Special meter while in Overdrive.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when using the sword.
- Full-Bore Chamber’s projectiles no longer deal damage continuously after hitting the ground or a Behemoth.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when using the Full-Bore or Salvo chamber.
- Fixed a bug that prevented buffering of inputs during the uppercut combo.
Quality of Life:
- It’s now easier to navigate the cell list with a controller.
- Removed the crouching animations when interacting with weapons in the Training Grounds or with vistas.
- Reduced the range at which you can activate the ram-headbutting animation.
- Introduced multiple improvements to localized text to prevent it from overlapping or escaping its UI elements.
- Removed tooltips from the character creator.
- Activating Torrent Shield on a player who already has a shield now correctly applies the shield.
- Fixed a bug where Hunt Pass bonus loot wasn’t being distributed at the end of a hunt.
- Fixed a spot where it was possible to get stuck on the cave island.
- Fixed a bug that could cause aether vents to appear interactable despite being depleted.
- Fixed a bug that caused other players to render poorly at long distance while using emotes.
- Fixed a bug where crowns might not be shown after changing instances.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause beards to be the wrong colour.
- The music for the “Dance Crazed” emote no longer continues playing after the emote ends.
- The paneled lantern skin’s textures are no longer brighter than intended.
- Fixed a bug that could cause your head to vibrate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented quest and bounty progress from displaying at the end of a hunt.
- Fixed a bug where blocking someone didn’t remove party invites from them.
- Fixed a bug where the background highlight didn’t follow the mouse cursor when navigating the Journal.
- Fixed a bug that let you select weapons from the armour selection screen.
- Fixed a bug where purchasing a flare or banner fabric from the Personality menu didn’t clear the lock icon.
- Fixed a bug where going to the next Journal entry might not correctly reset your scroll bar.
- Main menu tabs no longer remain highlighted when using a keyboard to navigate.
- Fixed a bug that caused loadout options to remain highlighted after changing screens.
- The Vault tutorial slate no longer shows when you complete the Hunt Pass intro quest.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the background of the main menu to disappear when rapidly changing screens.
- Fixed a bug where Thrax weapon mastery icons were displayed as Torgadoro weapons.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Berzerker Vision glowing eyes to appear in the background of the main menu.
- Fixed the alignment of various UI elements and icons.