As if Zombies weren’t enough trouble in the world of DayZ, now you’ll have to worry about dogs and the dangerous Bear Trap. Patch 1.7.2, which currently has no release date, is set to bring in many new fixes along with a new item, the Bear Trap.
With the Bear Trap, players will be able to set traps for both the living and the undead, which will break their legs if stepped on. Animals will be killed upon activating the bear trap.
Speaking about dogs, in a recent interview that Eurogamer did with Dean Hall, it was confirmed that dogs would be making an appearance in DayZ, though it wasn’t certain as to when.
“It’s just there’s a problem with the implementation and there’s been so much more that’s been more pressing,” he told Eurogamer. As to what type of dog, it’s the German Shepards as of right now. The role of these dogs haven’t been confirmed yet, though we do expect them to be both your companions and also possibly be infected wild beasts.
Here are the patch notes for the upcoming 1.7.2 update. There is still no release date set for this patch.
- [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
- [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
- [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
- [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
- [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
- [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
- [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
- [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
- [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
- [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
- [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
- [FIXED] Use of “allMissionObjects” causing performance issue on clients (new engine command “entities” used to improve FPS on clients)
- [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
- [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
- [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
- [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
- [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
- [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
- [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
- [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
- [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
- [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)
Thanks, PC Gamer