This week’s update from Bungie offers details on the first Destiny 2 Iron Banner gear and schedule, the upcoming Prestige Raid, and “Seasons”.
First up, is the Iron Banner, which will will begin on October 10 and end a week later on October 17. (2 a.m. PT is the start time, like all other game events.)
Here’s the full list of details:
- Combat will be between two teams of four players
- Your fighting abilities, not your power levels, will decide the outcome
- Bounties and Ranks have been replaced with an Iron Banner Engram
- Complete the Destiny 2 campaign – the only way to reach the Tower
- Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest
- Fight in the Iron Banner playlist with Quickplay modes and matchmaking
- Earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match (earn more if you win)
- Daily and Season* Milestones that track your progress to glory
- Claim brand new armor wrought in the forges of the Iron Lords
Above you can you see the Destiny 2 Iron Banner gear that’s on offer. It’s not yet clear what Power Level these armor sets will boast, but here’s hoping it’s high and worth grinding for!
Next up is the Prestige Raid, which is aimed at those players whose Power Level has reach 300. It is “the ultimate test of might and mettle,” where “enemies are stronger and smarter, and new mechanics will require new strategies.
Here’s the small amount of info we’ve been given:
That’s all for this week’s update.
If you’ve not yet seen what Xur is offering for the weekend, click here.
Will you be taking part in the Iron Banner? What about that Prestige Raid?
Source: Bungie (Official)