While Bungie just released a patch this past week for Destiny 2, it seems the studio has already one up lined for next week too! The Destiny 2 upcoming update hotfix 22.214.171.124 is set to go live on March 2 during the game’s maintenance period.
This was announced by Bungie in its latest weekly roundup where it also mentioned that The Witch Queen expansion has been delayed “early 2022,” how drop rates in Gambit are being tweaked and loads more.
Below is a sneak peek at some of the changes incoming according to Bungie. Note that this isn’t the full patch notes, as we’ll have that once the patch is out.
Bungie has released the patch today, and here’s the full patch notes list!
Destiny 2 Upcoming Update Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Changes:
- March 2, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance for Hotfix 188.8.131.52 begins.
- March 2, 8:45 AM PST (1645 UTC): Players are removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST when Hotfix 184.108.40.206 is available.
- March 2, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Hotfix 220.127.116.11 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- March 2, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
- Barrier Colossus in Battleground: Behemoth will no longer mosey out of their barrier shields to say hello to unsuspecting Guardians.
- The Chosen Destruction Umbral Focusing Lens will now allow players to focus Umbral Engrams.
- Beneficial modifiers in the Battlegrounds playlist now work as intended.
We are continuing to investigate the issue causing some players to not receive their Bright Dust rewards from completing the Weekly Challenges for Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard. Players affected by this issue will be granted the Bright Dust they should have earned in a future update.
The known issues that have been reported to Bungie are also listed below, though there’s no guarantee that they are part of the Destiny 2 upcoming update 18.104.22.168 hotfix.
- The Trash the Thresher Triumph is not properly recording destroyed Threshers in The Arms Dealer Nightfall: The Ordeal.
- The Scanner and Operator augments in the Deep Stone Crypt are the same color in Tritanopia colorblind mode.
- Trying to equip the Mindvault ornament for Insurmountable Skullfort may result in a “Requires Mod Item” error.
- The portal to the Ascendant Realm in The Corrupted strike after the Ogre encounter may close if a player is too far ahead of the rest of their fireteam.
- The door to the Spider Tank encounter of the Hollowed Lair strike may not open for players.
- The Lost Sector puzzles for the Xenophage Exotic quest may not correctly record player inputs.
- Players may earn the “I Am Invincible” medal when the opposing team actually completed the requirements.
- Players who complete the Xenology quest from Xur while already having an Exotic Cipher in their inventory will have the quest removed with no reward.
- There are no Champions in the Master Presage mission because Scorn Champions don’t exist.
- Players who kill the boss in the Fallen S.A.B.E.R. strike and then die may see a “Darkness” screen and will respawn at the beginning of the strike, which can’t be restarted.
- As a result of this, players can load into that blocked state and be unable to progress through the strike. This issue is also occurring in the Hallowed Lair strike.
In addition to that, there’s also a developer insight into the Deep Stone Crypt happening this March 3 as well.
Once this patch is out for Destiny 2, we’ll let our readers know. It’s currently unmentioend whether this is a server-side update or if players will actually need to download something. We’ll let our Destiny 2 readers know which is which come Tuesday.