Guardians, the big Destiny 2 expansion — Beyond Light — is but mere days from launching! To help ease server loads, Bungie has released the Destiny 2 update 2.02 patch this weekend for PS4 owners, and yep, this is the big Beyond Light update clocking in at 59GB!
Note that this patch isn’t out on PC and Xbox One just yet as far as we’re aware.
Destiny 2 Update 2.02 Patch Notes:
Before the big Beyond Light patch notes are officially revealed, Bungie gave out a sneak peek of what’s in the 2.02 patch. Note that this is not the full patch notes, but more of a patch preview.
- Trials of Osiris
- Trials of Osiris Power level requirement increased to 1210.
- Added ADEPT weapons and weapon mods to Flawless chest rewards.
- Additional information here.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Altar of Flame.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Exodus Blue.
- Added physics blockers to some out-of-bounds areas on Cauldron.
- Login screens now have a dark background.
- Updated the full-screen menus to have a dark background style.
- Player waypoints now display Season Rank, HUD waypoints.
- Added toggle functionality to the character screen, allowing the player to make a choice between Light and Dark subclasses.
- Character screen visuals updated depending on player choice between Light and Dark.
- Changed selection from “Male” & “Female” to “Masculine” & “Feminine.”
- Guardian head and hair models have been replaced with improved versions.
- Several color swatches have been changed to better represent the applied color.
- Player’s previous head selections are still used.
- Fixed a bug that prevented online friends from showing up in the roster on Stadia for players with more than 100 friends.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented players from earning progress on bounties when joining an activity in progress.
- This most notably impacted Iron Banner bounties and could cause players to have their Artifact Power bonus enabled during Iron Banner matches.
- Traveler’s Chosen
- Reduced muzzle flash intensity.
- Point of the Stag
- Increased Point of the Stag’s Max Power Level to 1310.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some weapons from dealing precision damage to the Divinity cage (e.g. Eriana’s Vow).
- Hunter Dodge
- Increased Hunter’s Dodge cooldown by a few seconds.
- (E.g. Tier 4, old cooldown: 22 sec. New cooldown: 26 sec.)
- Anti-Champion Mods
- Anti-barrier rounds will now penetrate Taken Phalanx shields.
- All Anti-Champion mods have been shifted to armor, rather than taking a weapon mod slot.
- Orbs of Light have been changed to Orbs of Power as they can now be consumed by Light and Dark subclasses.
Before we end our patch note preview, we do want to call out the collectors among you who have been talking about the impending removal of Expired Ramen Coupons from your inventories. We know this one stings a bit. It’s a byproduct of us cleaning up inventory systems and doing general maintenance.
We want to a provide a parting gift before these coupons are tossed into the bin. These coupons can’t be redeemed for spicy ramen, but they can decorate your desktop for as long as you desire.
Bungie has announced that the full patch notes will be revealed this Tuesday.
In addition to the patch notes, you can read up on a ton of Beyond Light details below.
- Destiny 2 Season of the Hunt & Beyond Light Roadmap Revealed
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light Weapons and Gear Shown Off
- Destiny 2 Hunter Revenant Class Gameplay and Overview
- Destiny 2 Titan Behemoth Class Gameplay and Overview
- Destiny 2 Stasis Shadebinder Class Gameplay and Overview
Once the patch is released officially (on PC, Xbox One), along with the notes, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.