Destiny players will have their hands full with a raid event straight from the first game, as Bungie announces that Destiny 2 brings back the classic raid called Vault of Glass — which is complete with new challenges for fans to take on when it launches this May 22!
Here’s the details of what Destiny 2 players can expect from the new Vault of Glass via press release.
At launch, Vault of Glass will have both Contest Mode and a World First race, and Guardians who are training to beat the classic raid will need to also complete challenging Triumphs. Bungie has released Vault of Glass’s restrictions:
- Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- Players will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing Vault of Glass with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the Tempo’s Edge Triumph.
- Completing Tempo’s Edge, a curated list of Triumphs, in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during each encounter.
Bungie Rewards are also available for Guardians who promptly finish the raid, unlocking the ability to pick up exclusive items from the Bungie Store.
Destiny 2 recently deployed update 2.20, which you can read all about here.
Destiny 2 is available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC.