With the first Trials of Osiris end-game PvP event all wrapped up, Destiny developer Bungie is ready to share a few interesting stats and reveal what lies ahead for those interested in the game’s competitive offerings.
Here’s a look at some numbers recorded following last weekend’s event:
- 3,798,561 = Trials of Osiris matches played
- 118,627,301 = Kills (or Deaths, if your glass be half-empty)
- 188,442 = Players visited the Mercurial promised land
- 299,001 = Guardians scored a perfect scorecard
Bungie also shared these informative heat maps:
Heat map based on most popular combat zones.
Heat map based on most popular sniper perches.
If you fell short of achieving a flawless victory and missed the boat to The Lighthouse on Mercury, you can always get a video tour of the new social space right here and take another crack at it this weekend. As for this Friday, May 29, Bungie isn’t quite ready to share what new arena will host the carnage, but Guardians will find out soon enough.
Those who were unlucky enough to run into Guardians who cheated their way to The Lighthouse by manipulating player connections can rest a little easier knowing that Bungie has their watchful gaze on those sad few.
“There were some among you who took nefarious action against your opponents,” wrote Community Manager David “DeeJ” Dague. “Our intrepid team of investigators has diagnosed the most egregious cheaters among us. If you earned your victories by sinister means, you may very well have also earned a temporary (or permanent) time-out.”
“Bungie is always watching,” he added. “We enjoy a fair fight and we aim to protect the landscape of the game. Play nice!”
In addition, this Tuesday, June 2 marks the return of Iron Banner. According to Bungie, Guardians can expect new armor pieces and weapons in Lord Saladin’s inventory, including new Boots, Gauntlets, Fusion Rifles, and Scout Rifles. On top of the new loot, Etheric Light will also be rewarded at Iron Banner Ranks 3 and 5.
As a reminder of what’s new in Destiny Update 1.2.0, here are a few changes that will directly affect Iron Banner this time around:
- Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly
- Rewards cost less Glimmer – the grind is less real
- Etheric Light is available for purchase at Rank 3 and Rank 5
- The Gunsmith has inherited Lord Saladin’s weapon reforging service
- Power still matters, and it matters a little more as the delta between two players increases
- The Cauldron and Pantheon have been added to the playlist, along with Exodus Blue on PlayStation
As the Trials of Osiris returns in just a few hours, tell us in the comments how you faired last weekend! What strategies did you employ?
Source: Bungie Weekly Update