Destiny players should look forward to a new Hot Fix arriving tomorrow that primarily aims to address weapon imbalances in the game’s competitive multiplayer playlists.
Weapon classes like Auto Rifles and Shotguns are receiving a few tweaks to correct their over-effectiveness in PvP while more difficult-to-use weapon classes like Hand Cannons and Scout Rifles are getting a bit of an increase in effectiveness. Exotic weapons like the Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity are also getting tweaked appropriately, losing some of their effectiveness as well.
A few tweaks to the Vault of Glass also make it more difficult for users to take advantage of particular exploits while the new update also removes a second “loot cave” that was discovered in the Cosmodrome’s Rocket Yard.
According to Bungie, another update is incoming which will address under-performing Exotic weapons and class balance in general.
For now, you can check out all the specifics for Hot Fix 220.127.116.11 below, courtesy of Bungie.net. Be sure to tell us what you think of the changes in the comments below!
Destiny Hot Fix 18.104.22.168
- Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
- Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
- Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne
- Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% – 17% (driven by stat value)
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% – 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- Vex Mythoclast
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
- Pocket Infinity
- Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
- Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
- Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed
- Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
Raid – Vault of Glass
- Templar Encounter
- Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
- Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area
- The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan