We’ve turned the press release into bulletpoints for an easier read! Some of the new features are a 4K resolution, 7.1 Dolby surround sound support and even a choice to switch between modern and classic graphics!
A slew of new info has been revealed for the game via the offiical press release:
- Full 3D physically-based rendering, dynamic lighting, revamped animations and spell effects—all stunningly delivered in up to 4K resolution
- All 27 minutes of the game’s classic cinematics, chronicling the journey of the mysterious Dark Wanderer, are being remade—shot for shot—from the ground up
- Sound effects and soundtrack supports Dolby 7.1 surround sound
- Players will be able to freely switch back-and-forth between the modern graphics and the original experience at any time with the press of a button
- With cross-progression** between supported platforms, players will be able to play as their characters—and keep all their stuff—no matter what supporting platform they’re playing on.
Note that crossplay has NOT been confirmed, and it looks like it’s not part of the plans just yet. As for the developers, it’s confirmed in the press release that Diablo 2 Resurrected is being co-developed by Blizzard and Vicarious Visions.