Today marks the first day of DreamHack 2012 in which EA and Danger Close will be showing off the multiplayer of their highly anticipated FPS sequel, Medal of Honor: Warfighter. You can learn more about DreamHack and some of the available prizes to be won right here.
Thanks to YouTuber nhlkingen55, we got a peak at some off-screen footage right from the DreamHack floor as gamers sat down with MoH: Warfighter on high-end Gaming PCs boasting NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards.
Some notes from the footage above:
- Health regeneration seems slower, more akin to Battlefield 3. This is most likely to allow healing from teammates as Danger Close confirmed that support actions like healing and resupplying ammunition will count towards a Score Chain.
- Two weapons that we could make out were the AA-12 shotgun, the AUG assault rifle and the M4A1 carbine, weapons we’ve already seen in our Warfighter multiplayer trailer analysis and other trailers.
- The motion of going in and out of prone seems similar to Battlefield 3, obviously a trait of the Frostbite 2 engine. We’ll most likely see a similar vaulting animation as well. It isn’t clear if the same ANT technology that went into Battlefield 3 will be making it into Warfighter as well. This lead to very realistic character animations in Battlefield 3.
- The grenade throwing animation looks different, however. It almost seems a tad slower than Battlefield 3.
- There is a killcam that pan towards the direction you were killed from, but it doesn’t seem to follow your enemy around as in Battlefield games or watch from his point of view as in Call of Duty games.
- Players can rappel from a chopper into the battlefield. It’s not clear if this is only at the start of a match or if a player respawns at home base.
- There seems to be some sort of player card system similar to Black Ops which shows up upon dying.
Update: We found one more video of leaked Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer footage (thanks, Victor) which gives us a little more of an up-close look at some of the action. Don’t mind the swearing.
- Here, we get a better look at what seems to be a
M1911 hand gun, a unique hand grenade and selectable score chain rewards, similar to Medal of Honor 2010. (Correction: the hand actually seems to be the Sig P226, the Navy SEAL’s standard side-arm.)
While these may not be the best of quality, what do you think so far of the Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer footage we’ve seen above? Let’s hear your thoughts in the comments below!