Electronic Arts‘ famed FIFA franchise landed on the Nintendo Switch recently, and while FIFA 18 was met with a mixed reception from fans and critics alike, that isn’t stopping the FIFA development team from improving on the game.
The latest update(available now) brings in quality of life fixes such as fixing the hard-to-read text on the Team Select screen, awarding players the correct prize money for competitions, and a game crash whenever you would try loading into a pre-season tournament if your pro was hurt.
You can read the full patch notes below:
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
- Some players would get the same Pre-Match Skill Game before every match.
- The Attempts counter was missing in the Beat Your Main Skill Game.
- The wrong button callouts were highlighted in the FIFA Trainer when performing crosses.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- Some Squad Building Challenges were missing art.
- Text would sometimes overlap on the Squad Building Challenges requirements screen.
Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
- Multiple issues related to changing control types going into, during, and leaving matches.
- Some of the text was hard to read on the Team Select screens in Local Seasons.
- An issue where the country flags on the leaderboards would be incorrect.
- The pause timer overlay would stay on the players screen after leaving an online match.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
- Prize money was not being correctly awarded for competitions in certain situations.
- An issue, in Player Career, where the game would crash going into a Pre-Season Tournament match if your Pro was injured.
- Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Updated the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.
Addresssed the following issues Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- The ball would sometimes be invisible in the Pre-Match Cinematics.
- The 3D player image was missing from the Create Player flow.
Don’t have FIFA 18 for the Switch? You’ll be happy to know that the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game were recently updated with tweaks to passing goals, and tons of bug fixes.
Source: EA Sports