A new FIFA 18 update is being rolled out. It features tweaks to passing mechanics, while also preventing some rather funky bugs.
Take a look at the patch notes below, paying particular attention to how passing has changed.
New Gameplay Changes:
- Fifa 18 1.04 made ground passes and ground through passes less effective when blindly passing the ball between 90 and 270 degrees, where 0 degrees is the direction the player is facing.
- The most significant impact will be seen when the pass angle is between 140 and 220 degrees.
- The impact scales when the pass angle is between 90 (least impact) and 139 degrees and between 221 and 270 (least impact) degrees.
- The passes impacted by this change will see:
- Reduced ball speed.
- Reduced accuracy.
- FIFA 18 update 1.04 has disabled user controlled reactions when locked to a player, when the goalkeeper is holding the ball.
Fixed issues in Gameplay:
- Fifa 18 1.04 has fixed an issue where the goalkeeper sometimes parrying the ball into his own goal.
- Fixed an issue where the goalkeeper diving too early on a downward header and volley shots.
- Addressed an issue where players sometimes becoming invisible during a match.
- Dragbacks not working when rapidly tapping the modifier button.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to string together multiple stepovers.
- Addressed an issue where the goalkeeper, in some situations, being unable to throw the ball after making a save close to the goal line.
- Addressed an issue where the player automatically passing the ball from a set piece after the game had been paused in an Online match.
- Fifa 18 version 1.04 has fixed an issue with Custom controls where movement with the directional buttons was not working when locked to a player.
New changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
- FIFA 18 update 1.04 has added the Objectives tile to the Pause Menu in all FUT Online modes.
- Added Guest Mode in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft.
- Fifa 18 1.04 update disabled the FIFA Trainer within FUT Champions.
Fixed issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- Fifa 18 version 1.04 has fixed an issue where Squad Building Challenges where tagging a group of challenges would make it unselectable.
- ICONs displaying their current age on in-game overlays.
- Wrong badge showing for your opponent on the Online Season’s Match Preview screens.
- Addressed an issue where objective Completed visual notification not displaying correctly for some Daily/Weekly Objectives.
- Alignment of the text on Manager League items.
- Fifa 18 1.04 update addressed an issue with the effects shown during the pack opening animation.
- Addressed an issue where the icon of your rank in Squad Battles displaying incorrectly when claiming rewards.
Fixed issues in Online Modes:
- FIFA 18 update 1.04 fixed an issue where players crashing when matching up in Pro Clubs Friendly Matches in certain situations.
- Addressed an issue where players would not receive invites in Pro Clubs Friendly Matches in certain situations.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
- Fifa 18 version 1.04 has fixed an issue where players crashing during the first game of the season in certain situations.
New changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Updated the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.
Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Fixed the volume of the audio in the Cristiano Ronaldo celebration.
- Addressed some issues with crowd flags displaying the wrong images.
- Fifa 18 1.04 update fixed some visual issues with the Bundesliga broadcast package.
- Situations where the ball would appear to go through the goal netting.
- Fifa 18 version 1.04 has fixed an issue where a player on the ground would incorrectly animate as flipping or spinning.
- Celebrations clipping through ad boards.
Good to hear that keepers won’t be scoring as many own goals!
In other sports games news, Tennis World Tour has been announced and will launch on PS4 during spring 2018, an NHL 18 update has added a new arena and other content to the game, and WWE 2K18 update 1.03 includes a bunch of new fixes.