Ubisoft has released the For Honor update 2.33 title update, which is also called the Frozen Shores Y5S4 version 2.33.1 patch! This includes a new fighter, balance changes and more! Read on for the For Honor January 27 patch notes.
For Honor Update 2.33 Patch Notes | For Honor Frozen Shores Y5S4 Patch Notes | For Honor Update 2.33.1 Patch Notes | For Honor January 27 Patch Notes:
Note that this title update seems to combine two patches into one, so don’t get confused with the changes and version numbers.
- Front/Side Dodge Kick miss recovery is now 600ms (was 500ms)
- Front/Side Dodge Kick miss recovery no longer allows stance change in the last 100ms
- Back Flip now has iframes and dodge frames at 100ms (was 0ms)
- Front Roll can now target swap
- Teleport Kick no longer can be accessed by holding GB (now only checks for tap input, not hold)
- Front Roll and Back Flip no longer allow stamina regeneration
- Chain links to Teleport Kick are now 66ms longer so that players can switch stance then dodge comfortably
- Attack Recoveries can now cancel to Back Flip from 200ms to 300ms (was 200ms to 400ms)
- Kick Flip miss recovery cancel to back flip chain link now is 400ms to 500ms (was 100ms to 600ms)
- Shooting Stars recovery is now 100ms longer (no longer guarantees front dodge kick when it lands)
- Flip Kick now costs 15 stamina
- Back Flip and Front Roll now cost 6 stamina
Developer’s comment: Now that we’ve had Shinobi go from Testing Grounds into Live, we now make a number of nerfs to Shinobi here based on its over-performance.
Firstly, we make the Front/Side Dodge Kick punishable on Miss.
Secondly, we reduce the window of opportunity to enter Back Flip so that Shinobi is not able to notice the opponent’s action and actively react in time to Back Flip when necessary.
Thirdly, we nerf the Stamina costs of certain moves to make Shinobis slow down their combat output, and introduce moments where they need to consider if they really want to spend the stamina.
Finally, we nerf Shooting Stars so that Shinobi’s aren’t comboing it into Front Dodge Kick.
The Pirates have developed a fighting style that is all their own by engaging with enemies from across the seas. Armed with their razor-sharp cutlass and one-of-a-kind pistol, they engage their opponents with a rush down style that can be relentless. They apply continuous pressure by mixing Pistol Blast and Heavy Attacks that Chain one after the other.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Adaptable Fighting Style
- Able to use Feats inside of Chains
- All Heavy Attacks, including Cavalier Dance and Walk the Plank, lead directly to your choice of Pistol Blast or Feats
- Can cancel all Attack recoveries with a Dodge
- Feats now use an input buffer of up to 300ms.
Developer’s comment: to improve input comfort, Feats now use the input buffer to hold your input for 300ms. This applies globally to all heroes.
Note that this does not mean you can use your Feat anytime, it just means that you don’t have to be out of your Recovery before pressing the Feat input – you can press it a bit early, and the system will hold this input until such a time as your character is allowed to launch the Feat, and do so. It should just make things a bit more comfortable.
- Improved Material coloration system to grant more color precision.
Developer’s comment: Material color would not look quite right when applied on colored surfaces such as wood or leather. The coloration of chosen material would offset depending on the color of the surface it was being applied to. New material system mutes the surface colors before applying material coloration, significantly boosting color accuracy. Accurate color control also leads to possibility of new, more subtle material colors.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an animation issue between Light Top to Side Heavy. (FH-2357)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an animation issue between Top Heavy Feint to Side Light. (FH-2357)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Demon’s Embrace wouldn’t cost Stamina.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Shugoki to dodge in the wrong direction after missing a Demon’s Embrace.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an animation issue when changing stance from Right to Left to Top. (FH-2484)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an animation issue between Dodge Forward Heavy Miss into Right Finisher. (FH-2246)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed issue on Sentinel map where Player could fall through the map on Capture Zone C (FH-3077)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Event Log would still display, despite being set to off. (FH-2949)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed a variety of issues with Raider’s character model during certain executions. See bug reporter for more details. (FH-1924)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Nobushi’s arm would twist at an unnatural angle during her idle animation. (FH-1724)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where the Boufuu chest on Kensei Body Type 1 had a small visual glitch between tassets. (FH-3031)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Black Prior’s Erzebet’s Valor Helm has air holes filled. (Part of FH-3036)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where the material on Chimera’s Audrmadr helm didn’t take color when equipped to Raider. (FH-3022)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where the Horkos Yinying Chest was missing physics on its lower part when equipped on Tiandi. (FH-2972)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Sinobi’s “Gyorin” helm is missing physics on the ponytail. (FH-2945)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed a visual bug on Body Type 1 Berserker’s “Drukkna” arms. (FH-2943)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Kensei’s Boufuu chest piece had linked thigh guard corners. (FH-2930)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where there was a hole under the arm in Valkyrie’s Gyllenstierna arm piece. (FH-2902)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed and issue where the mask in Choucho’s Metamorphosis illustrious outfit or Choucho’s Metamorphosis effect doesn’t fit Hitokiri properly. (FH-2901)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Centurion’s blade would appear upside down in the “Ala lacta Est”, “Fortiter et Recte”, and “Roman uppercut” executions. (FH-2806)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Raider’s “All of You” emote wouldn’t execute entirely from the top right stance. (FH-2627)